#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Not weight per se, … but a bit more muscle wouldn’t go astray.

Unfortunately, I think we’ve got a Fletchers prayer of that happening anytime soon.

Nice, dude. Sipping a Yamazaki Single Malt 12 at the mom. Kanpai! :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

was absolutely sensational especially when it mattered. rapt that he is back.

1 Like

You missed it last week when he charged through the centre and picked out stringer. Or this week when he did the same and picked out Langford. Both crucial goals where he picked his moment to attack

Generally under pressure in defence he plays the percentages and hugs the boundary. It will rarely be a Gleeson kicking clanger that leads to a goal.

He was immense today

6 Likes

There’s no headache, is clearly best 22. Just needed time to recover. He was our best intercept marker in 2017

2 Likes

I might be in a different bubble but this guy is total leadership material and so important to us. Everything I’ve heard internally is he’s a super leader and has the respect. He was enormous tonight.

5 Likes

Coaching material methinks

Next UN secretary general. And will be in the australian leg of the Spice Girls reunion tour.

11 Likes

I can never work out if he’s the world’s biggest small defender, or the world’s lightest big defender

Weird inbetween size and shape. But he can play.

5 Likes

Isn’t that what I said? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe he values speed and agility. This is not 8-10 years ago, today you need more run than you used to, and lots of players if anything are fining down.

He doesn’t have the build for it. Extra weight on his frame would only hinder him, making him slower and increasing pressure on his joints. He will never be a big body, but he doesn’t need to be. In other words, he is more like Wanganeen than Solomon.

2 Likes

Was heavily maligned prior to injury - when our backline was below average.

Since his injury we’ve had Saad and McKenna emerge and we now have both Hurley and Hooker consistently down there too. So it’s no surprise he’s performing well now that he doesn’t have as much pressure playing as that 6th/7th defender.

2 Likes

He has that Fletcher-like wiry strength. Took 2 genuine one-on-one contested marks last night and he isn’t a KPD.

1 Like

I am extremely pleased to have the Marty Party back fit and firing.

I’ll just quickly remind everyone that we haven’t really seen this Marty before. He was a stick of a kid when he got injured, and we really haven’t seen him with that extra strength.

Kid is a born defender. Will often be on that last line, covering for everyone. I love the way he goes about it.

2 Likes

Starting to remind people how good this guy is.

Will build back to his best but is very skilful and just knows where to be.

A welcome return.

1 Like

haha whatttttttt.

Did people not see his first half?

Firstly he pulled out of a contest which allowed Ben Brown to mark.

Then Zurhaar kicked 3 on him.

He was much better in the second half but wow was poor in the first.

He has a knack of not being able to kick the ball over the man on the mark

Look at you saying sensible stuff. I like it. Keep it up.

1 Like

Great to have you back Marty!

1 Like

Maybe needs a long run up, I saw Redmond do the same thing.