#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Martin was excellent on Saturday.

3 Likes

He had a one on one contest in the last with Heeney where they were toe to toe under a highball deep forward and Marty held his ground and cleared the contest. It was a very strong one on one. People totally underestimate this guy. He’s going to be a huge asset in the run home. Frees one of Redman Saad and Conor to be a bit more attacking. Organises things well, makes good decisions, doesn’t hold onto the pill and takes the game on.

14 Likes

most importantly didnt see him get ragdolled at all.

Very happy to hear this. I like Gleeson a lot and think he’s an excellent player. He’s an excellent reader of the ball in the air. A fit and in form Marty is a big plus to the side.

2 Likes

Personally I think it depends on matchups. Not sure I’d want him on Zurhaar

No way. Zurharr will be too strong I think.

Put him on Kayne Turner which will allow him to zone off and intercept mark

Seen both his recent games and he’s coming on in leaps and bounds.

Got to be happy with his return

Some desperate spoils on the weekend. At one stage I thought Hurls had won a marking contest but it was Gleeson who bodied player out the way to take mark and get us repeat entry into 50. And then he is getting fwd to overlap and help, that last goal of ours from him booting it to Stringer’s advantage IIRC

Welcome back Marty!

1 Like

I like him. Hes a great spoiler, good game sense, is quick and creative off the boot.

He is much more vanilla than our other rebounding defenders, but he plays that 3rd tall role better than anyone else in our team, bar none imo. With Hooker increasingly playing forward, Ambrose out and Hurley needing to play on the bigger men, I think Gleeson is pretty secured in the team for the time being.

1 Like

Gleeson, McKenna & Saad. One will break the line every counter attack, you can’t stop it. Mcgrath can also help the rotation.

2 Likes

This bloke is back and it’s great. Taken a few weeks to warm up and he went to another level today.

Great to have you in the side again marty

18 Likes

Good solid player. Reads the ball well and is a very good spoiler.

2 Likes

Was good today. Read the game well, for some very important intercepts.

4 Likes

What a last quarter.!!

5 Likes

Those two marks going back with the flight under heavy pressure in the last qtr was just amazing

17 Likes

So good to have him fit and back out there. Was absolutely huge in the last quarter with some huge spoils and some rally solid intercept marks.

2 Likes

He offers omething different than each of our defenders. Better overhead than Saad and Irish. Great that he made it back after so long off

5 Likes

Oh baby I forgot how good he can be

6 Likes

He’s back!

3 Likes

Wasn’t great early.
But like Redman he did very well & fought his way back into the game.

What I don’t understand is why he hasn’t put on any weight in the upper body during his year off…
Id be smacking down the weights, eggs protein shakes, microdoping ■■■■ What eveas to make me massive right. He seriously could be a good footballer, Now robot up punk and make ya self bigga yo