#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

Thought he was good last night but sooner or later he has to realise he isn’t 120kg’s and stop trying to break packs

Did some good things but he makes shocking mistakes, sometimes under no pressure over and over again.

Would have been our worst last night with Langford not far behind.

And yes, I was at the game.

1 Like

I just re-watched the game and thought he was very good. Made a few mistakes but wasn;t the only one in the team to do so. He simply just needs to keep improving, he is way ahead of Connor atm. Connor has more raw pace and is a better kick but still has a lot to learn about positioning etc. These are things he can continue to learn in the VFL.

1 Like

Thought he was very solid.
Some of you are still drunk, sober up!

7 Likes

I’ll say it again, his kicking is very hit or miss. I’m not a fan and worry that one of his clangers will cost us big in a close game. I don’t like the way he “at times” caress passes the ball by foot and I would rather see him stab kick through the ball ( yes, I know this is worse for marking the ball). I think he may be better suited playing on a wing.

I suspected the coaches have backed him in to the hilt based on what he may become one day with better kicking skills.

I don’t see how his clangers could be viewed any less than those produced by Zaka or Bags , yet criticism is more minimal in his direction, at least of late.

Yeah, I’m thinking he must have made these mistake at the other end of the ground from us. From behind our goal (Gate1 end), from an overwhelmingly Bomber crew, there was many comments of praise for him, & I don’t recall any negativity towards him.

Thought he went alright.

2 Likes

Harsh

He definitely had his pants pulled down in a couple of contests early on but thought he improved as the game progressed.

He was ok, didn’t have a perfect game but none of our blokes did.
He seems like a quick learner and will be important once Kelly, Goddard and Stanton have moved on.
Could prove to be a decent utility for us too, I have no problem giving him games as long as he is improving.

1 Like

No player is undroppable, if there is a better option available.
Thinking first about the need for speed:

• Conor is one more attacking option, but is a poor intercept marker.
  • Jerret is a more rounded player, but needs more games at half back to learn the position.
  • Ridley has stress fracture in his back, but might be better in 12 months
  • Morgan has yet to prove himself at anywhere near the level
  • Dea is the obvious alternative and played well last year: good interceptor, and about the same as a 1 on 1 defender.
  • Brown. Mobile, and could be picked where we need an extra tall defender.
  • Mc. Niece. Would need to be elevated. Spectacularly good kick.

So imo, Dea has the best claim to Martys spot. Reluctantly I would say if a change needs to be made to the team this is the one. I am a Marty fan, but in 2016 we play the best 22

3 Likes

Makes some critical mistakes but it was pleasing to see him have an improved second half. As per above - right now he is the best option in said role.

Said it in the game day thread but he must think he’s built like John Cena the way he tries to break tackles from bigger opposition players from a standing start.

I saw once he reverted to the armadillo mode that helped him escape a lot of htbs in his embryonic first year . Fortunately the umpire let it go.

GIF opportunity for somebody please.

He’s the Miz, and he’s AWESOME.

In his head he’s got Miz’ promo skills but he’s Blitz’s Roman Reigns in reality.

1 Like

When his hand goes up your mouth goes shut!

Marty with the physique of “The Big Dog” would be good but that’s about it.

Who’s playing Maryse in this storyline? Because she is the true MVP‡ here.

‡ Not MVP

1 Like

Marty’s basically James Ellsworth.

1 Like