#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

I suspect if Marty can’t find a way to contribute more he may find his days at Essendon numbered.

To average 15 disposals a game as a half back in a team that concedes lots of ball in the back half is not a good sign.

1 Like

Please someone give me a reason why he’s in?

Selection committee chose him?

9 Likes

McGrath and McNeice rested

Got it lol.

Marty was played out of position last week, will benefit from playing his usually running back pocket position but will need to perform to keep his place in the side.

IMO Conor has moved past Marty in terms of work rate, marking, contested work, run out of defence and disposal. Marty has struggled to put on size, whereas Conor looks like a high speed ball of muscle with a tank and plays like it.

When your line coach is Harves these factors start to have an impact, because there are limited positions in the side.

2 Likes

He was played in a different role last week.
This week he’ll have the opportunity to be ineffectual in his customary role.

1 Like

McNeice has him covered for the

“ooh that’s brave / good defensive effort there”

Without the

“Why the hell would you kick the ball there (poorly) with 30 seconds left in the qtr!@#!@#”

3 Likes

Was pretty good today I thought.

4 Likes

Yep, I was critical of him playing. But he had almost as many possessions to half time as he did last week in the VFL (although less productive after half time). Played well.

That said, keeping Dea in for Stanton might have been a better move…

Worked hard, took some great marks, gave us some run and generally used it well. One of our best today, IMO.

1 Like

He was very good. He’s a very good intercept mark. I still believe he will make it.

1 Like

Played the role that suits him best and did it well, taking the game on with run from deep if defence. Very pleased as I had written him off.

I’m far from his biggest fan but he was very good tonight.

1 Like

Stalled, but not finished.

1 Like

Don’t rate him at all but he played really well today. Kudos

1 Like

Easily one of our best, liked his game tonight

His marking was back to being assured like it was a lot of times last year, a lot of rebounding too without turnover.

Big positive.

2 Likes

Just imagine how he’d go if our coaches had a clue how to get players to improve eh?

2 Likes