#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

His acceleration isn’t great but it’s sufficient for the role he plays

Watch his 2017 highlights on youtube. Kid is a star. Will push Hurley for AA in 2018. Overhead marking. Intercept. Courage. Reads the play. Credit to him.

4 Likes

Still cannot believe that he did not get a free on the goal line in the game against the Swans.

Blatant free, did the right thing and won front position only for ■■■■■■■ Rohan to pick him up and throw him out of the way and take a simple uncontested chest mark because he had blatantly infringed against his direct opponent.

■■■■ weak ■■■■■■■ umpire swallowed his ■■■■■■■ whistle because he was too ■■■■■■■ soft to cop some boos from some braindead Swans fans who don’t even know the ■■■■■■■ rules.

16 Likes

the two hands in tbell’s back was arguably worse

4 Likes

I reckon Marty would be a great forward…

Cmon mate. Let’s not go full retard. Gleeson is a decent, solid player. He’s absolutely nowhere near AA level

7 Likes

Why d you hate essendon so much?

You do realise young players typically get better each year, right?

You do realise how good hurley actually is?

That’s fine. He is absolutely nowhere near AA level though

1 Like

Not just AA. All-Australian Centre Half Back no less

GOAT

1 Like

Just the beginning for this lad. AA within 2-3 years. Very few flaws.

2 Likes

He just needs to put on a few more kilos. He has a similar body to his uncle who played for Carlton.

AA is a huge call. Personally I don’t see it.

He’s an in between size that’s not going to be considered for a key position/3rd tall nor the running HBF type (that racks up high possessions)

3rd tall versus - McGovern, Lever, Howe (& Hurley likely given role change)

Running HBF - Hibberd, Docherty, Laird

Gleeson a big improver & a good player but chances of AA are very very unlikely IMO

1 Like

Think people are overrating Gleeson a bit at the moment simply because of the great finals game he played. For me he is borderline best 22 right now, let alone a future AA.

2 Likes

Yep. I personally don’t understand the love.
He had a good patch towards the end of the year, but he’s had good patches before and never gone on with it.
He’s also been dropped in each of the last 2 seasons.

They said the same about Inspector Gadget. And that’s the way Marty is headed now, mmw.

I’ve been a fan of Marty’s since Day 1 : I’m delighted to see so many others have joined up. Sorry for the few remaining doubters and begrudgers. There’s so much fun they’re missing with Gleeson.

4 Likes

I love watching this bloke. About 5 years ago I spotted skinny him playing against Williamstown in the VFL and he looked so smooth; seemed to be playing forward/outside mid, took a good mark and then fuzzed the kick at goal. I felt he was better than that and he is now. Marty reminds me of Blake Caracella…

2 Likes

I’m almost 100% sure Gleeson will have a better 2018 season than Docherty (but also I agree with your point).

3 Likes