#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

farkinell

1 Like

Ffs

1 Like

Looks like an Achilles.

■■■■ pointless pre season games!

He was playing so well!! Hopefully Not a season ender.

Jeezuz - well if its an achilles, that could almost be the season. Had a few friends do their achilles over the past year, and its usually moon boot for 10-12 weeks, followed by 6-8 weeks rehab before very limited running after that. Ergo - season done. Really really hope not. Underrated player who’ll be missed this year.

That what it looked like on the TV to me. Landed flat footed with his weight sort of forward and immediately grabbed for the back of his ankle as he went down.
He looked absolutely gutted being carried off.

Did not look good at all and he was excellent for us early in game. His intercepting so important.

Achilles will be worst result. Broken bone prob 2nd worst. Bad ankle tweak I’m hoping it is

Woosha: “Gleeson has rolled his ankle, we don’t know how bad it - we will have to see but he does have a few weeks.”

3 Likes

If it is an achilles, The Langford may have just found his chance.

Praying its just a rolled ankle

1 Like

He is a massive loss.

Nobody else is marking the ball like Marty in that backline.

Fark.

I like to trust and believe Woosha. But I just can’t at this stage. I’m Australia’s expert in ‘rolled ankles’, having done mine 432 times in the past 15 years and it was not a rolled ankle. It could be a significant sprain (3-4wks) or break. (6-8 wks). I didn’t see enough footage - was his foot flopping about? Could he put any weight on it?

No chance there

It’d be Dea initially or if Ridley gets a solid enough block of training in post injury he’d be in IMO

But here’s hoping Gleeson is ok

2 Likes

John Worsfold says Marty Gleeson has a rolled ankle. Not Achilles issues, so sigh of relief. Zaka just a kick to the side of his leg. Hurley got a kick to the leg too. So all good there

8 Likes

If it was just some bad corkeys and a rolled ankle that would be brilliant

Hopefully it’s not serious. But could be a chance for Ridley.

Matt Dea gets the nod if Gleeson doesnt come up.

3 Likes

If he is out for a few, he can work further on those guns.

I can’t imagine Ridley would be anywhere near after his preseason.

Second half of the year maybe.

1 Like

It’s a shame Francis isn’t ready to roll. Could be the making of him.

7 Likes