#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

…Heppell?

Ah yes, for those penetrating kicks out of the backline.

More I think about it will be Bj in the immediate term imo

2 Likes

Very bad luck. Was really coming on & reality is that his season is very compromised now having to miss such a large portion of the season. I think Dea will probably get a chance unless the club want to go with Goddard as the replacement and somehow fill Goddard’s role around the middle. Not ideal but an opportunity opens up for someone.

At least one positive is we see a lot of love for Marty in here. The guy’s been tracking upwards for some time but was still regularly bemoaned by Blitz even last season. He’s a valuable asset to the team for sure.

7 Likes

FFS fracture and dislocation. That sucks big time.

:cry:

Has to be asked, Marty’s shocking injury, Danger hammy, and what could be a significant calf for Stanley, was the ground up to spec? Big price to pay for both clubs and all three were the definition of innocuous to the naked eye.

1 Like

Get well soon Marty. Great bloke and a top intercept mark. Ask Roo last year when we flogged the 'Aints by 10 goals.

At least the Gleeson haters will leave you alone. Dipshits.

1 Like

Ground was in cracking condition. Unlikely to be a causative factor.

2 Likes

Good to hear but I wonder about what lies beneath the nice grass. Ankles don’t often shatter landing from a medium height. Must’ve been a very unfortunate angle.

I went onto the ground and the only defect I spotted was a small green-painted sandpit in the centre circle (which admittedly is not a great location for that!)

It’s not good for spectators due to its height, and a push to someone running out of bounds could be dangerous despite the large distance between boundary and fence, but the surface was very good.

1 Like

Big loss. He was becoming a gun.

Very happy though that Matty Dea will get another chance. I think he’s an underrated footballer. I always feel very comfortable when the ball is in his hand (maybe this confidence is misplaced, but I like the guy). He’s now got a huge chance to cement his best 22 spot going forward.

1 Like

For the confusion in the commentary teams?

I don’t get this. Everyone on this site has spent 6 months whinging about inside midfielders… now you want to move our 1 good inside mid? You’ve lost me.

1 Like

Didn’t Shaun Rehn get a 6 figure payout for doing his knee on something like that?

Wasn’t that disc that the afl put on the ground for the umpires to bounce on?

I thought it was slightly embedded - cover over a sprinkler or something?

12-14 weeks then probably has to play 2-3 games in the VFL to get the fitnees back up.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he misses the season.

I really don’t get the love affair with Heppell at HBF. He’s a fkn mid. He’s a good mid. We need miss. His marking isn’t that great like some are saying (although he does seem to have a knack at positioning himself well), his kicking is neat and tidy at best, and he lacks a yard of zip and pace that Gleeson has.

4 Likes