#8 Marty Reppin' Gleeson - no more Marty Party

good to hear

1 Like

My boy

He’s our best defender.

1 Like

Anyone know when he is expected back. We need him badly.

6-7 weeks, so late June

His season is a write off wouldn’t even bother trying to get him back get him cherry ripe for next season.

You can be the one to tell him that he’s wasted his year and put his body on the line for nothing then

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

What is the normal time frame for these injuries?

It sounds like to me we won’t see him again this year. Very disappointing seeing as though he was originally scheduled for around the bye or just after

The game has flipped. Whereas the defenders used to hunt the forwards, the forwards now hunt the defenders

Our new game plan uses the mids and forwards to hold the ball in the forward half. Likewise our defenders need to be able to deal with high pressure forwards, key forwards that bring the ball to ground. Chaos ball situations with lots of crunching tackles.

Is Marty in this mould? Can he reinvent himself to deal with this new style of forward play.? A player like Redman appears to be tougher and stronger and fast enough maybe to handle pressure forwards.

When Marty is ready to play, he will find that our game plan is totally different and players roles have changed.

The way we’re playing at the moment he would take Dea’s spot in a heartbeat.

Hurls is the one that doesn’t fit.

Marty doesn’t need to change. He’s perfect in a forward press to pick off quickly lobbed balls back to the centre. And he can run and create.

6 Likes

Well, if you believe the club (which of course no one actually does) he is about 4 or 5 weeks away from having a run.

And with Big Red on the rise, he becomes even more redundant in the backline, … however, … we are still in need of an Inside bull at clearances, and in his slightly slimmer guise, … may well have a better tank now than we are aware of … would be very nice if he did fit there … :thinking:

Hurley absolutely fits & is not even remotely redundant in backline.

Hooker & Hurley will be the main two. And everyone else will be fitting in around them.

It’s Ambrose & to a lesser extent Gleeson who is under pressure from Francis & Ridley. Hurley will go back to an accountable role but have 10x the attacking ability of Ambrose and Francis will be into the 3rd tall - intercept player spot.

This is how I expect things will look by years end for our back 6

B: Saad Hooker Francis
HB: Gleeson Hurley McKenna

1 Like

Perhaps I should have said superfluous rather than redundant.

Surplus to needs, … Re Deployable maybe … :smirk:

As intercepmarking defenders probably Francis >Marty > Dea and Francis may cement his spot before Marty is ready.

Looks like a 2019 premiership defence.

2 Likes

B Saad Hooker Ridley
HB Francis Hurley McKenna

Gleeson to the wing.

Nah, … still reckon give him a run in the guts.

Might enthuse him to a whole new level of barging bullocking brilliance.