Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

GODDARD%20Brendon.png

Season Highlights
25 disps (16 kicks 9 hballs), 10 marks and 5 tackles in Rd 23 39-pt loss to Richmond at the MCG (31 Aug 2013)
27 disps (12 kicks 15 hballs), 8 marks, 6 tackles and a goal in Rd 22 6-pt win over Carlton at the MCG (24 Aug 2013)
27 disps (18 kicks 9 hballs), 10 marks and 3 goals in Rd 20 53-pt loss to West Coast at Etihad Stadium (11 Aug 2013)
29 disps (16 kicks 13 hballs), 8 marks, 5 tackles and a goal in Rd 15 30-pt win over Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium (7 Jul 2013)
38 disps (28 kicks 10 hballs), 12 marks and a goal in Rd 12 43-pt win over Gold Coast at Etihad Stadium (15 Jun 2013)
34 disps (22 kicks 12 hballs) and 11 marks in Rd 9 29-pt win over Richmond at the MCG (25 May 2013)
32 disps (23 kicks 9 hballs) and 5 marks in Rd 8 10-pt loss to Brisbane at Etihad Stadium (18 May 2013)
29 disps (19 kicks 10 hballs), 7 marks and a goal in Rd 7 28-pt loss to Geelong at Etihad Stadium (10 May 2013)
30 disps (16 kicks 14 hballs), 11 marks and a goal in Rd 2 148-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (6 Apr 2013)

Ahh, balance restored.

“BJ told you to shut, up.”

Integral. Great pick up.

He was born to be a Bomber.

Very good pick up.

For me, a bit up and down, but to be expected I suppose in a new team, however, liking his attitude and like the way he just slotted himself right into our team.

brilliant season!

Has been a great acquisition.

Very good pick up.

For me, a bit up and down, but to be expected I suppose in a new team, however, liking his attitude and like the way he just slotted himself right into our team.

You think? I'd say he's contributed well every game.

What I've especially liked is that when he as had a bad quarter, he's lifted himself to make up for it. The final Carlton game he had an absolute shocker in the first quarter with some terrible kick in's and turnovers, but went on to be one of the BOG.

Looks ■■■■■■ good in the jumper too. Good to see the culture of great redheads @ Essendon continues.

His last 6 weeks when we were down were fantastic he always lead the way, He was monstrous Vs Carlton!

Whats interesting for me is that he wasn’t getting those stat numbers at the Aints as regularly as that

He comes in and plays classical music with a full symphony, great season.

Started a bit slow, which was to be expected, but just improved as the season went on and showed why we spent the big bucks on him. Awesome year.

He has been here for years hasn’t he?

He is the best player we've ever brought in from another club.

And that's after one season.

Very good pick up.

You think? I'd say he's contributed well every game.

What I've especially liked is that when he as had a bad quarter, he's lifted himself to make up for it. The final Carlton game he had an absolute shocker in the first quarter with some terrible kick in's and turnovers, but went on to be one of the BOG.

Looks ■■■■■■ good in the jumper too. Good to see the culture of great redheads @ Essendon continues.

I am not knocking him, perhaps  I should have worded it like 'Birch 19',  'started a bit slow' and yes he does look great in our jumper.

If you want one player on the team kicking for goal in a pressure situation, its BJ. Did it a number of times.

Such a consistent player this year, on a level with Jobe I thought, didn’t miss a game and rarely got less than 22-23 disposals a game I thought each time we played, he is a class player who has helped us immensley this season and will be our biggest acqusition in terms of making a tilt for a flag.

Love his mongrel and how he sticks up for his team mates but one critisism of his would be his moments of stupidity when he lets an opposition player(s) get under his skin and gives away a free.

But has easily become one of my favourite players and I can see him playing at such an elite level for the remainder of his contract and then some I feel.

Great get and the best addition I have seen come to the club via trade/free agency by a long way.

We love you BJ!

Agree , the best since the AFL has existed, but we have had some goodies such as Graham Moss, Greg Anderson, Leon Baker

Agree , the best since the AFL has existed, but we have had some goodies such as Graham Moss, Greg Anderson, Leon Baker

Those 3 never played VFL piror to us. not sure why the comparison?