Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Hopefully he’s not all out of goals.

1 Like

a quarter of them with 5 would do me nicely. For the next game that is.

Another reason on the weekend on why we ditch the McVeigh acquisition and just put Goddard at half back to fill the Kelly role.

2 Likes

Been a absolute star this year, possibly his best year for us, even against his first year.

1 Like

All the pain from missing out in 2013 when we had the team to win BJ, use it now. Bring it from within and along with Jobe push this team.

You were made for finals.

3 Likes

Hmmm, … that thought makes me a little nervous actually.

Makes me wonder if he’ll go into “try too hard, try to do too much” mode early & totally.

1 Like

BJ is a big game player. Will be at his best against Sydney. Can’t wait.

Can’t wait for Hirdy to present him with the Norm Smith either but that’s for later.

4 Likes

Was a ■■■■■■ passenger last night!
He was fluffing around constantly whinging to others yet never manning up or putting in any effort at all from what I saw. I actually don’t think he’s a team player at all. Yes he’s been great for the club during the saga and all but if he didn’t have another year I would be ■■■■■■■ him off pronto!

1 Like
14 Likes

Wtf is that . Rather the orange capris

1 Like

Cue the celebration outrage.

I think we should get used to seeing Goddard in the half back role permanently next season.

3 Likes

BJ is so under rated here at the club. He will end up coaching.

6 Likes

I hope we have a half back come on so BJ is squeezed out of the team next year.
But I cant see it happening. Hope it is his last year. He has been a good servant. With Kelly gone, we probably need some more leadership in the back half.

Depending on who we recruit - we might need BJ to play jobes role as inside mid at times if we dont get anyone.

I don’t get the BJ criticism.

For the first 5 rounds he was playing inside midfield and was leading our clearances and contested disposals.

They then switched him out to help Zakka.

He is so adaptable and plays the position given to him.

Honestly it’s like nobody iticed that Woosha moved him out. By round 6 he is leading our Best&F hands down and then was forced to change roles.

I think that start to the year showed what a great player he really is when asked to perform that role. But it was better for the team for Zakka to play inside more.

17 Likes

Because it is easy to criticise. They watch the game, they see a mistake and then they say he isn’t good enough.

1 Like

Bloke ran more than 95% of the team on the weekend.

Heart

19 Likes

Yes, there are plenty of positives, but, he is very slow (not on his own there) and that can be a problem.

Agreed. I also think it’s the case of one person saying he is ■■■■ then many others automatically agree sheepishly and it gains major traction. Definitely deserved a one year contract.

Thought he was one of our better players. Especially early when we were getting smashed

Happy for him to go around for another year