Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Has some currency for a trade. Sensational steak knives in a Kelly trade. Just a thought.

You know - he’s not actually as slow as people keep on saying. He’s not ‘fast’, but he has a good tank, and he has a burst of speed.

Not such a bad idea but he’s been dignified and a huge support to the playing list through the saga.

On the downward curve? Sure.
But he retires a Don.

2 Likes

Bloke is a dead set gun.

Seriously.

Nuff said.

5 Likes

I’m with you. I wouldn’t class him as slow that’s for sure. His top speed isn’t that flash but his acceleration is pretty good

1 Like

where do you see stats on how much they ran?

TELSTRA
TRACKER

nobody noticed, cos it prolly didn’t actually happen.
why the ■■■■ would you swap goddard for zaka in a inside mid role, something zaka has never ■■■■■■■ been ?
how would it help the team by doing that.

zaka stayed in the same outside role he’s always had.

If he was swapped out of there, it was prolly due to the fact a midfield of him, watson and hepp were getting ■■■■■■■ destroyed week in week out, and winning the the clearences in said midfield that was totally and utterly destroyed isn’t exactly saying much, but he was the most adaptable to a move (i’ll give you that).

Goddard is past it, but no doubt he’ll be kept on for guilt associated purposes like he was this year.
Also didn’t like the fact he claimed he’d be getting paid first day of preseason no matter whether they wanted him to turn up or not.

1 Like

He’ll be kept on because of his contract.

Can’t believe anyone is discussing the possibility of him going. Will be staying for sure. As he should.

23 Likes

I read that as, they switched Goddard out to a more outside role along with Zaka…meaning that Zaka didn’t go more “inside”
That’s my interpretation anyway

1 Like

Will slot into james kellys spot nicely.

1 Like

Just to give Goddard some respect using actual facts.

From rounds 1-6 Goddard averages 12 contested possessions, and 6 clearances a game. Team leading.

For the remainder of the year he never reached 10 contested possessions in a single game or even 5 clearances in a single game (max 4).

He was moved. He played like a farking champ and they moved him, he accommodated that change. He has been underrated in this aspect of his leadership and game his entire career and blamed for getting easy kicks. But truth is that is the coaches not him.media flogs like wallsy don’t do the research and quite frankly Goddard is an easy target for some.

Now Zakka.

He averaged 6 contested possessions and 1.25 clearnaces a game from rounds 1-6. He also averaged 3.5 tackles.

After round 6 he averaged
Contested possessions - 6.7 contested possessions a game with (11% increase being the softest evidence of positional change but not insignificant )
Clearances - 2.5 clearances a game (double)
Tackles - 5.1 per game

This is a mountain of evidence suggesting positional change. Not to mention Woosha and Zakka have acknowledge then positional change for some months. Just nobody pointed out Goddard was the victim of the change.

And to round it out at looking at there impact on the game using very flawed champion ranking stats

Zakka average rounds 1-6 = 71
Zakka average across entire 23 matches = 91.4

Goddard average rounds 1-6 = 112 (Zerret level)
Goddard average rounds across entire 23 matches = 97.4

CASE CLOSED

RESPECT GODDARD

24 Likes

I think it was supposed to be a joke.

Yes it was @mdso But you forget we are the vanilla club where BJ can’t joke and our Captain must cut his hair.

2 Likes

I think Vanilla is too strong a flavour for a conservative club like us.

1 Like

Water flavour.

Should be knighted for hobbling Franklin

10 Likes

Give him a new 4-year contract…

No worries, give him a 4 year contract, give me his golf handicap.
The guy is a legend. He might be obsessive compulsive, but is a legend nonetheless.

1 Like