Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Not only ragdolled by three of them, but one of them is a first game player.

(correction made. Doesn’t make a fucking difference though.)

I think i need a break from essendon and anything essendon related
makes me so ■■■■■■■ mad
i’m about to BURST

2 Likes

Maybe some should watch the game more closely. Goddard spent time on Oliver at stoppages around the ground and did a good job. He then got moved onto Jones near the end of the third who was cutting us apart, seeing another senior player couldnt do the job. It would have been better if Goddard kicked it more but you can’t have everything.

4 Likes

He’s more Essendon than anyone in the team. He’s had to be Mr. Fixit for so many of our shortcomings - off and onfield - and still he gets ■■■■.

7 Likes

I’m almost certain you mean that as a compliment.

5 Likes

Yeah, I meant the Essendon that I grew up watching and wanting to be.

(I picked up the ambiguity as I posted as well.)

4 Likes

Was at the game, so maybe I missed what you saw on TV. I can understand 20 meters gained for someone getting the majority of their possessions in and under, but BJ had 16 uncontested possessions. On ANZAC day, he was one of the main offenders in needlessly switching play and slowing our ball movement. Playing a 33 year old twice in 4 days just doesn’t seem that smart to me either. The guy has been enormous for us, but he’s a bit below his best at the moment.

This is a gentleman who we convinced to come over to our club because we were on the edge of our premiership tilt only to serve him the biggest ■■■■ sandwich in the history of the AFL.

He responded by guiding a bunch of young kids and has beens through the worst season we’ve ever had.

Acted as the face of our club in front of the media despite not deserving any heat whatsoever.

Never said a bad word about EFC.

Beats the sash with his fist when he scores goals.

He’s getting ragdolled by a FIRST GAMER, Nathan Jones trying to give him one in the head to go on with, and a kid who’s so junior he was a draftmate of Parish’s.

One player runs behind him, must have surely seen it, does nothing.

And our best young player who most here would rather as captain over Heppell casually ■■■■■■■ saunters into his aid.

If that was a Sydney player they’d run in and gore one of the Melbourne players.

Fair dinkum, the sight of that is worse than the last two losses put together and sums up exactly why we are now the biggest loser club in the AFL, bar none

Makes me fkn s-i-c-k

32 Likes

Do you think Oliver had an influence on the game ? Will add watching on TV, I’d be very surprised if Goddard had 16 uncontested possessions - I’ll add further that if Goddard had 16 uncontested possessions he would have kicked more than 6 times - Anyway at least you are posting after watching the game - BB has a few who comment after not watching the game.

You can’t blame bad skills and game plans on a team’s inability to stick up for team mates.

Even during the Knights era we stuck up for each other.

Do you think Lovett-Murray would run past a team mate getting pinned and jumper punched by three opposition players? Even Jetta and Ryder would fly the flag… f*cking pathetic club.

2 Likes

And peoplw will seriously sit there and say this club isnt soft.

But don’t worry , dys good guy hepp will xome along and give ya a hug afterwards to make it all better right.

Sickening watching that vision

Hope someone emails it to the club

I hope they show that clip in the match review and a coach strips paint from the wall.

Being sht is excusable. We can cop being a sht club (barely, but possible).

We as supporters will not cop our players getting mauled on the ground by 3 players, while our players stand there and watch. We have never seen an Essendon team show so little regard for competition, contest, or physicality.

You do not allow the opposition to bully you around, regardless of what’s happening on the score board.

4 Likes

The ump responded by paying a free against Goddard for shepherding those three players more than five metres off the ball.

(Not a factual statement, but I could very easily believe it.)

1 Like

did anyone help nat rat when he belted the karr brothers?

cough Did anyone help the Carr brothers when NatRat belted them?

No, because they didn’t have a death wish.

maybe natrats knuckles would’ve gotten cramp. inconsiderate team being a microcosm for the mediocrity of the last 15 years.

A mate of mine was sitting near NatRat and Briggs and said when BJ was being hammered Natrat was loosing his mind

16 Likes

FREE KICK MELBOURNE

Where was the ■■■■■■ umpire?

1 Like