Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Yes i know that’s what he said but that doesn’t mean that is what happened so no need to jump at it until we have evidence of that. At the time it was reported he gave it up and wanted Hepps to have the role.

1 Like

Him and his crew tried to nick my band’s rider backstage a few years back, put that ■■■■■■ in his place quick smart, farkn chancer

BJ removed himself from the leadership group (fark I hate that concept) because he thought it was better that a younger guy get the chance, and it wouldn’t affect how he went about leadership within the group anyway.

4 Likes

It wasn’t taken off him. He didn’t want it. He did the hold the fort thing, and that’s as far as he wanted to take it.

BJ was made captain in the absence of the suspended players, which obviously included Jobe, Heppell, Hooker & Hurley who were all part of the leadership group at the time. Obviously it was a temporary gig until the suspended players returned but once Jobe relinquished the captaincy, I believe he should’ve retained the captaincy. He was still in the leadership group last year. He opted out this year which means he was eligible for the captaincy in 2017. Read between the lines, did he relinquish the captaincy?

2 Likes

BJ removed himself from candidacy so that young Myers could take his spot and protect the kids.

3 Likes

I am not jumping at anything. I am asking @MrSunbury_1

Thanks

Maybe read what Reboot has said. MS was making an incorrect statement.

That’s a big leap

Righto

Briggsy is a ■■■■■■■ legend, such a good guy. If people took the time to get to know him they would agree

2 Likes

I also agree, and said at the time, i would have preferred BJ retain the captaincy until Hepps had been back for a year and settled back in after focusing on getting back to game speed and skills. It didn’t happen and i honestly think it has effected Hepps game badly. That’s not an excuse for not kicking 20 metres without missing the target but it probably hasn’t helped.

If being a captain has any affect on you being able to hit a target then you probably shouldn’t be captain.

1 Like

Sorry, let me rephrase what I meant:

Hepp had an emotional few years prior to becoming captain, the last one being banned for even looking at a footy (hyperbole). It can be hard coming back after a year off due to injury, but coming back after the emotional roller-coaster and being stripped from even training with the team or playing any sort of competitive footy would have had a major impact on his playing at the top level. To then come back and become the face of the club and players whilst also trying to rediscover your game would have been doubly hard.

If it hasn’t had an effect on his game I would be shocked to the extreme.

That doesn’t mean he should be as bad at his kicking this year as he has been but it would explain some of the struggle he is having and maybe also explain why he is trying to always be “positive”. He has been labelled a cheat, been stripped at his prime of being able to play and then made captain.

Maybe he feels he needs to be overly positive for that reason, as compensation for the emotional struggle he previously faced? Just a possibility.

I’d like to see a few other views of this scene.

BJ didn’t want the captaincy when the banned players returned. He stood down himself down and to let someone else have a go.

Who da ■■■■ is Briggs?

4 Likes

Actually, I think he did put his hand up for the captaincy when the players returned.

If only, just think about all the pointing