Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Wasn’t he in Lethal Weapon…oh wait that was Riggs, nevermind

1 Like

he put his hand up for the captaincy, but has a beard so is not ideal for the position.

3 Likes

AB original.

Serious question. Have you ever watched a movie that’s not an action film? :blush:

1 Like

Iron man 3 is a love tale.

3 Likes

Re the Goddard clip you can be sure Hardwick, Clarkson, Scott brothers…hang on…any other coach would be slamming his players for not backing their teammates. One would hope this is viewed by the club.

1 Like

Lol, yeah mate. One of my favourite movies to watch is Scent of a Woman. Al Pacino is the man.

Was expecting you to throw in an Iron Man 3 dig

Edit: barnz coming through with it

3 Likes

Showing all the signs of an old man playing a young mans game. Done.

i’ve always been a big fan of goddard but i think it’s time for hime to go

I hate to agree, I’ve been Goddards biggest supporter and defender but the writing is sadly on the wall.

It was clear they targeted him today, they knew if they got in his head, put the pressure on his defensive actions or lack of would let the team down. Worsfold should have played him out of the square as a forward target as soon as he was giving away silly frees. He at least would have beat Lamb in the air and silly frees would unlikely leads to goals down there.

Instead, on the bench. Then why play him!

1 Like

Don’t know why you wouldn’t play him forward and have him lead up at the ball to take a big mark and give us some quality delivery/set shot chance

Also we could have again, put up a little more spirit when they were going at him

This will most likely be his last year which is a shame, we owed him more…a bit of that going around from before even Hirdy retired, short changing champions for effort for 15+ years now.

1 Like

Tap him on the shoulder and give him the option of walking now or finishing his career in the VFL. He was truly pathetic today

2 Likes

Anyone who thinks he has another year in him just go watch the game and see how easy and often he goes to ground.

We owe him nothing. He has been well paid and well looked after. His timing was bad but that’s just bad luck, not a debt we owe.

cooked

He got sold the biggest lemon in trade history and for that I feel so bad for him. Like really fkn bad

He’s actually been a legend at his time here. Has been first class, on and off

He’s pretty much done but, and I think he’d know that too

15 Likes

I’m concerned he doesn’t know. He is always one who’d need a tap on the shouldder rather than call it himself.

Definitely short changed by the club in terms of what has panned out but he needs to call it for his own sanity.

Deserved better…

What has killed him is his acceleration off the mark. He was never the quickest but now he moves like a ruckman.

Our club is a lot better for having had him but its now time

1 Like

Thought he was good when he played on the wing…I like the idea of him playing forward…he is a bit of a liability in the back half at the moment

2 Likes

I don’t agree with your first sentence but I do agree with the second one.