Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

He has been absolutely fantastic on and off the field… We are so lucky he chose to come to Essendon… But now they have broken him.

2 Likes

There is no way that Woosha would have the balls to tap him on the shoulder, his whole gameplan revolves around Goddard setting up from halfback.
Tag Zerrett and Shut Goddard down and your home.
I fully expect Goddard to play every remaining game this year.

I don’t think he was nearly as bad as people are making out, sure he struggled as a one on one defender. But so did Ambrose and Hurley.

Fact is that period he played on the wing we had our best stretch for the game.

I think he still has something to offer

7 Likes

Would noonan watch that?

Everyone has dropped the edge this year.

1 Like

Nah, not enough guapas mujeres españolas.

Everyone is a liability at the moment except Devon Smith.

1 Like

You obviously have no idea… and zero credibility with comments like that.

I think zero tackles 2 weeks in a row shows you how much petrol he has left.

1 Like

Hence my concern with him not being rested. He is an older player and his game time needs to be managed.

If it were up to me Redman would have his spot next week, and I would be in serious talks with Goddard re an assistant coaching role going forward. The guy has a very, very good football brain, and it would be a shame to waste/lose that. But I think as a player, he is near enough to done that we should be trialling replacements.

14 Likes

The biggest question I have on Goddard is what player in the league can he play on?
He can only play loose or in a zone and even then what’s the point? He’s no longer among the best kicks in the comp. Zero tackles in two weeks.
He has to put his hand that he can no longer produce the required effort and ask for a St Kilda send off.

1 Like

while i agree vehemently that he’s a switched on individual re: footy.

would it even work at our club? the players seem to have wilted and given up on him during anzac day.

Did anyone hear BJ’s interview on sen right now? He seemed absolutely clueless. Thinks Neeld and woosha all good, the game plan all good, just the players struggling to execute it at the moment but just stick to their guns and it will come good. I mean how far from reality can you be.
I actually thought things were looking up yesterday thinking the Neeld sacking might bring a change in direction (game plan) but listening to BJ this morning it will be more of the same ■■■■ it seems.

1 Like

Sounded like baby #2 kept him up all night and he couldn’t be farked talking too.

Seriously, what do you expect him to say!

8 Likes

Maybe what Carlisle said?

I thought it was an exceptional interview. Clearly shirty with a lot of stuff that’s been going on but held it together. Gave Neeld dignity in his departure, didn’t ■■■■ the bed.

5 Likes

Just a classic case of trowelling the cement smooth.

3 Likes

Didnt hear the interview but he just trotted out the same sorta ■■■■ when NicknDal Santo interviewed him as he left the ground at halftime vs Hawks. And with that, why the Fark are we letting someone interview us and hear our match day thoughts and plans at half farking time, Dal Santo walked all the way from the groung and into our rooms with BJ blabbing everything to him and the world

1 Like