Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Mate it’s not ‘On the couch with Mike’ I know we are all looking for some passion but he is obviously going to tow the party line.

1 Like

Im not putting a line completely through him, just would like him to have a week off to let the pressure off, plus he has been poor.

if we win and there are no injuries then maybe he comes back via the VFL.

I thought he sounded really grumpy, and it seemed the game plan was really complicated and difficult for them to understand. Guess there was not much else he could say. Would not be drawn re Neeld and Woosha.

Disagree. I get the feeling BJ thinks long and hard about what he says to make sure he doesn’t give the media any more fuel. Hence why all his answers seem pretty boring and mundane.

2 Likes

Just heard a snippet of Lyon quizzing him about tackling pressure. Felt for BJ, once again was thrown to the wolves to defend the club, whilst the captain was grooming his beard at home (may not be true).
Felt like Lyon held back from really embarrassing him as bj seemed rattled

1 Like

I don’t care whether his role is to be the loose man, to not have one single tackle in 8 quarters is fkn bad. He should feel pressured about it, and Lyon had every right to ask questions about it

1 Like

BJ has been the person who has fronted up to the media more than anyone during the difficult times since joining the club. He has been a fantastic leader on and off the field and it hurts to hear him now sounding so low. People should lay off him imo… We would be in a much worse position if he hadn’t come to the club.

6 Likes

They have been brainwashed into the story which was bullsh1t to begin with.

This.

Hasn’t been the same since being lambasted in the media for being “demonstrative” with his teammates. Reckon either consciously or subconsciously he has decided it’s too hard and given it up.

2 Likes

Dunno why he even bothered with the phone interview though. Seemed grumpy, it was just a bad interview that left me feeling flat and disappointed. I did enjoy Lyon questioning his tackle numbers though.

Give him a go up forward and if that doesn’t work give him the tap on the shoulder

Not what he was, but I don’t think he’s completely cooked either. We’re trying to play him as a loose rebounding defender and as a general in defense (Pops Kelly style). Unfortunately, when the opposition makes him accountable, he really struggles. In the guts, occasionally on a wing or forward and rest him every so often and I think he still has value. Definitely deserves heaps of respect for the way he’s stood up during the shittiest of times, so hopefully he gets some enjoyment out of the remainder of the year (and most likely his career).

3 Likes

He didn’t say the game plan was hard to understand. He did say there was a failure on each line to execute the game plan and that people were out of form.

He was brilliant against Adelaide in round 1. Pushing through the midfield and forward, a clutch goal, plus 29 possies.

This isn’t a guy who has suddenly become cooked, this is a disheartened guy who is being played out of position within a game plan that nobody in the team can understand or execute.

12 Likes

Agree 100%

1 Like

And I think that unfortunately you can probably add, and is in a team in which the players are playing for themselves and not for one another.

2 Likes

We’ve broken this guy.

1 Like

Still has something to give to the club. Not saying he should go on playing beyond this year with us though. Agree that we should be talking to him about a coaching future.

But for fark’s sake play him in positions which suit his abilities now, not what they were 10 years ago.

Wouldn’t he have to go to GWS first?

2 Likes