Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

If he is too slow then Hooker is a statue.

They both are.

I lol’d

You can see on his face he knows he’s done.

Doing his best to avoid being injured.

Needs a rest this week, comes back for a few after the bye then retire him.

If we were a finals side, and playing well, I reckon you could find a role for him to contribute in.

But we can’t carry him when we’re this bad.

It sucks, but time catches up with all. I’m not sure the best way to play it (him running around for half a year in the VFL doesn’t seem right), but he’s done, and it’s hurting us.

1 Like

We owe him nothing. We don’t owe him another contract

2 Likes

Will most likely retire you only have read his HS article.

Giving Redman a 10 game headstart on 2019 could be huge.

But it won’t happen.

1 Like

Get the guy we sold a bridge a gig as a coach.

And I thought he was paid a shiteload of money to play.

Never thought you were so sentimental

Wonder if he has ambitions to be an assistant coach? from all reports the bloke sees the game better then anyone else but i suspect he’ll pursue a Golf career.

Should be given a farewell game back in melbourne and then retire immediately to give the youngsters an opportunity.

Same for baguley despite recent good form

Sounds harsh but its what the club needs.

We need more games from clarke redman etc. That is what will get us closer to a flag. Not another 10 from guys in their last year.

Would drop/rest him this week. Gives him 2 weeks to rest over the bye. Try him up forward for a week or 2 after the bye

I can honestly see him announcing in the lead up that the Essendon v.s Saints game in Round 21 will be his final match

In my uninformed opinion, not sure that he would make a good coach.

Tactics - maybe

People skills - hmmm…

Maybe he’ll become a pro golfer / pretzel chef

1 Like

When Lamb was getting into him we put him on the wing and he played good, I’d play him on the wing more, I’d also give him run with roles in the middle on the oppo’s big slow inside mids, He’s good at the job.

1 Like

I agree. He is better in the middle. At HB playing loose he is a liability.

Thought he was very good lastnight.

Hands in close were very good and some of his kicking was sublime.

3 Likes

Yep agree. I’m hoping against hope BJ had one more year in him… and when he’s done I want him on our coaching panel.

3 Likes

Thought he was fantastic, especially in that first qtr. His field kicking and defensive work was top notch. That effort 2 on 1 on the far wing was great to watch. Busted his gut all night.

Unfortunately when he does retire, I think he’ll head into the media. He’s opinionated, not shy of the camera and very well respected. A network will snap him up. He’ll end up on 360, or on the couch style show I’m betting and golf every day of the week.

2 Likes