Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

That’s not what he said.

He said that Francis will come in when there is a role for him. At the moment Hurley and Goddard are playing that role.

3 Likes

why not?

When do we hand over the keys to Francis, Redman, Ridley etc?

Not to mention Gleeson?

4 Likes

After the Collingblow game.

But Francis won’t be around next season to enjoy his role.

I’d love to play Ridley Redman (Inj) Francis and Zerk for the rest of the year but aint going to happen

1 Like

Kind of exactly same thing as was said. Goddard is playing the same role Francis would.

It’s time.

The season is long gone. Time to hand over the baton and transition away from the older blokes. We have 7 weeks remaining, thank BJ and Bags for their contribution and give them a farewell game.

As soon as possible.

Hopefully at selection this week. Time to bring Francis in and let him play the rest of the year.

1 Like

Why Farwell game in GC.
Easy enough then thanx see ya
Bye bye
Ardios

I reckon the kids have much to learn from playing with someone like BJ. If the idea is to develop them he has much to offer.

1 Like

Oh look! Who would have thought!
You change the order of a couple of words in a quote, and it means something completely different!

1 Like

Goddard has been very good this season but this is a defining moment for the club. He has been superb for us but it’s now time to find another role for him and have any of Francis and Ridley play the remainder of the season off the HBF.

1 Like

I thought he wanted to coach not play.

That theory is getting old, if he is such a club first man as others have stated then he will hang the boots up and let the players come through, it’s all about 2019 from here.

3 Likes

I Agree

Maybe gold coast should give him a Luke Hodge type Brisbane offer.
Get him to play another year. show some leadership to Gold Coast younger playing group.
He has done his job at EFC. Time to let Ridley/Redman/Francis shine.

In the VFL I agree.

Bloke cant bend over to pick the ball up anymore and when he tries he almost falls over the guy if finished.