Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Goddard + Hurley + Hooker = Too slow

Hurley use to be a quick decsion maker now he’s slow

It’s my biggest concern with Hurley, he’s killing our ability to quickly transition the ball from defense; whether it’s missing an easy target, kicking lobs, hesitating or wasting time going back behind the mark, his confidence in his kicking is a problem atm. If/when he gets it back we become a significantly team. Until then he should be playing the lock down role, now vacated by Ambrose.

Does any one think Goddard would offer more playing in the midfield role Myers has apparently locked down? or are Brendan’s days in the midfield a thing of history. My thinking is this would allow Francis to play Goddards defensive role, allow Myers to play VFL. It would also prevent our defense from becoming too sluggish with all of Hurley,Hooker, Goddard and Francis who can all be exposed for athleticism at time.

6 Likes

Any chance you could kick it to one of our players Brendon?

Cooked.

3 Likes

Maybe his leadership and direction would be better served from the sidelines, that first half was embarrassing.

1 Like

Time for the tap of shoulder if he wants to still be involved give him an assistants role

1 Like

Don’t really see the need to dig the knee in to him because he’s been exceptional over the journey but it should be pretty clear that guys like him shouldn’t be on the list next year

2 Likes

So you would have him continue to play the year out because he’s been good for us over the journey ?

Looked like he had his golf shoes on tonight and played like it too.

He’ll bounce back but he isn’t 28 year old prime Goddard anymore like when we first got him but he still plays a role.

A good win, move on.

2 Likes

Cooked

1 Like

Surley he realises he isn’t the man he used to be, too proud a man to be depth I suspect.

I think it is time he is ‘rested’ for a couple of weeks.

Been a great servant but it’s time to go. Is becoming a liability and a weak link in our side. I cringe whenever he goes near the ball

I don’t think he is cooked. But this playing him every week and interstate is getting stubborn from Goddard. He has to realise his body can’t do it any more and start dropping games out of the calendar.

7 Likes

Which comes back to him being a depth/bonus player rather than an automatic selection. He needs to be rested, to see if it improves him, and so we can see what someone else can do in his spot. If they can kick to our players, they might be in for some time.

1 Like

Needs a rest, pronto.

He had a poor game, by any standard.

2 Likes

Best act of leadership he could do right now is give Franga a few games in his position

100% agree with this, he isn’t doing himself any favours backing up for 6 day breaks.

1 Like

If he is going to play it cannot be in the back half. Defensively he has become as massive liability.

Give him a week off to rest and the. Bring him back against Sydney but as a half forward. His kicking is still good and he is great at finding space.