Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Yep. I think Worsfold feels the same. I’m guessing this is BJ’s last year because the club can’t guarantee a spot before the final round. If we can’t say for sure it’s yes, then they might just call it.

1 Like

The contract hierarchy:

5 - We want you, we need you
4 - We want you
3 - Lets see how your body and mind are at the end of the year
2 - Hmmmm…we need to see how the list is coming together
1 - See Ya

I get the feeling that BJ is at level 2

4 Likes

Yes I’m sure it was on the Essendon site. Not long after he did his hammy he got two years.

I don’t think that’s the case. They mentioned that the club was in negotiations but there hasn’t been confirmation on the club site that he’s actually signed

1 Like

The simple solution is to win the premiership this year. Then BJ can retire with the silverware.

4 Likes

I have been this guys biggest fan ever since we got him and have been one of his biggest defenders but… It has to stop.

Needs to go and go now. His awareness and tactical nous is all but shot.

Is constantly costing his teammates through shocking effort and D-Grade awareness.

We’d be in front if he wasn’t out there today.

3 Likes

Has been horrid today. A real glimpse of what we will start to see more and more often from here on. Woosha doesn’t have the cojones to take away his gold pass though

1 Like

Anyone who thinks this bloke should play on is fkn deluded.

8 Likes

Farewell game against the Saints next week. Time this club got serious

11 Likes

a friend i know who played at the top level has always said its better for people to ask why you retired then to ask why you didnt!

2 Likes

Sorry Brendon, thanks for all you have done. But time for us to look forward.

Yep, stick a fork in him.

ridley gets his gig now

1 Like

Have to say that stepping on the line is inexcusable. Up with that sydney play on and getting ball smothered.

His experience should be preventing those kind of things happening.

Just one of a multitude of stuff ups from all players but his was at a critical time

Perhaps I’m wrong but it seems like we trust McKenna all game to kick in until it gets close at the end and give it to Goddard and … well …

2 Likes

He had one bad one in the first half and one bad one in the second half.

Was awful defending all day

Loses his feet at crucial times

A liability as soon as the ball comes to him in any kind of contested situation

Please retire midweek, have a sendoff game against stkilda

Please please no more after that

5 Likes

I swear i see players step on that line all the time and not get called but yes, unfortunately this needs to be his last season.

2 Likes

Absolute legend. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done. Please retire at season’s end.

1 Like

I already stuck a fork in him.
Stick another in him.

In Dea out goddard.