Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

I’m not sure it is deliberate from the coaches, I think BJ does that on the field from what I could see. I think the defensive coach needs to tell BJ to stop it.

1 Like

Thanks BJ for your efforts. Goodbye.

Hawthorn are on the up again due to being willing to make hard calls on club champs. We saw the evidence of that today. Sorry BJ. You’ve been monumental for this club and should be recognised in our history for how you carried so much during the saga. But sadly, it’s time.

6 Likes

When the team are flying he looks pretty good but when it’s an arm wrestle he seems to struggle / make critical mistakes. Shame

1 Like

I’m a massive BJ fan, but he ain’t going to get better over another preseason. He is cooked, I think he has played too much this year and it’s cost him another season.

It’s time to say to him he is not best 22.

I would be surprised if he went to another club like Carlton for a season before coaching.

1 Like

They had to talk him into playing this year.

Then why is he in the media saying he wants another year?

1 Like

Cannot cover an opponent defensively. It’s over, seriously. Our team looked one paced apart from the usual suspects.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s right. When he was asked he said he had triggered his extra year and was going to take it.

No they did not.

He’s been a great club man and, like Jobe last year, he’s having more misses than hits but he deserves better than some of these posts.

8 Likes

If he’s a great club man he will finish up at years end.

1 Like

Absolutely! Goes down in any/every contest. Let’s his opponent get goalside, tells someone else to roll on to his man after he’s already lost him and everyone ends up in no man’s…
I’ll put my hand up and say I’ve never really been a fan and that he’s shut me up at various times, but really don’t get the support for him this year. He is and has been a liability. His “brilliant kicking” (commentators) is often into dangerous spots and a good chance to be straight down the opposition throat, resulting in extremely painful turnovers.
He deserves thanks for past service, game next week, and goodbye…far later than it should have been.

1 Like

The guy keeps appearing at the top of our GPS numbers. It’s the main dot point for keeping him. What are the other players doing?

We aren’t in the business of running marathons though. Doubt anyone is questioning his effort but his slide has been evident since last year, for anyone that chose to see.

1 Like

Gps numbers mean fark all when you turn it over at crucial moments, lets get someone to run 20k in a game so we can say how great he is.

Stays on as a coach like Kelly I hope.
Teaches Redman (and others of course) as he is his logical replacement.
And Redman was very impressive before he got injured. Give the kid a preseason knowing its his spot to own.

1 Like

so sad to see a champ look like a grandpa more and more each week

Anytime the ball hits the ground around him you can sense he is done in the contest and sure enough the opposition clear away with the ball towards goal.

Great servant, massive respect for his time at the club but one more season would be silly with him somehow appearing slower and slower week to week.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of his. Steadied the ship during the saga. This should be his last full season. I wouldn’t mind seeing him in a coaching capacity.

4 Likes