Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Buckley has slowly learned .

2 Likes

My comment is based on a whole lot more than one kick out. In fact the kick out os the least of his problems

Every farking game I watch, people step on that stupid farking line. Every game! Only BJ seems to get pinged for it. Hate this game sometimes.

2 Likes

Redman better take his spot next year…

That’s my thinking. I reckon he stays at top standard on a 2 on 1 off sort of regime, and could be worth his weight in gold next year.

And has he really been making more mistakes?

Any more than others?

Or just more noticeable/costly ones for the past 2 weeks?

I’m yet to watch the replay, but I suspect Heppel equaled his, … and some were just as, if not more costly yesterday.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is happy with Heppels game yesterday.

1 Like

He’s done.

There’s no need to be harsh about it.

He has three games left, get around him.

8 Likes

I don’t know that he is much good at that???

Has been a great player. Standout #1 pick, 300+ games.
I would rather see Marty come back into that position. I think Redman will do a preseason learning to be a mid, and will play a defensive midfield role next year. IMO Redman has a lot of potential. We have a fantastic young list, Lets use it.

Marty and Redmond are ahead of him. He won’t get a game across HBF next year, he doesn’t have the pace or pressure for a forward. He also can’t pick up a ground ball like he used to do he can’t play midfield.

I’m not sure what options he has left but to retire.

This is the problem i see. Our senior players ‘mostly the returning suspended ones’ plus goddard continually make critical mistakes or don’t show up when playing against other form sides in big games. I don’t think we will go anywhere till the younger brigade take over.

2 Likes

You mean except for when we played Sydney the week before, or beat Geelong or beat North or belted the Giants. Other than that, yes our senior players have never played well.

3 Likes

Yeah, … I know what you mean, … it’s like all the older brigade get the yips at times when the opposition breaks up our run, and we need to alter our game style, … and then it can start effecting the young blokes too.

Thankfully, for the most part, guys like Fanta Walla Conor, … have largely been immune to it and have settled us down on many of those occasions, let us re group and get over the line.

A lot of times we’ve lost has been because they start to panic and cough it up a few times, . and we let sides we’ve had on the canvas get up.

1 Like

I love him, I’ve been his biggest fan since he got to Ess (and before that) but he is totally done, and anyone who actually watches our games critically can see that.

If he went on next year he’d be depth only behind Gleeson, Dea, etc etc.

4 Likes

Yes it was, and no he isn’t.

1 Like

Agree the yips is a good word i still have nightmares about that sydney final last year.
As to the other games the hawks were the in form one that were always going to bring real heat and put said players to the test. Actually let me exclude hooker from that i think he is good under real heat when it matters.

1 Like

I hate this. Can’t even own up that he made a dumb mistake - you have a 9m box to kick from! I’ll never understand how players keep making this mistake, let alone taking ownership of it when they do it.

2 Likes

Except he is.

Its like people forget how ■■■■ sydney was going into that game. or how injured gws was… or (yeah i got nothing about north) or what @jonovdp was going on about after the adelaide game. or how geelong just brought in ablettt that week against us. our big wins haven’t been that big. but my main issue with this year is throwing away totally gettable games because of ■■■■ knows why.

compared to where we were last year, this year feels like a total waste. the loss of promising kids for the season in redman and begley just makes it a bitter pill to swallow.

Not going to go quietly. Not going to agree to be “rested” in games next year - the same as he wouldn’t this year. Every week he will be making the case for why he should be playing.

1 Like