Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

That video was very hard to watch.

I find this… very disturbing.

3 Likes

It was hard going alright. But I’m not a good example. I tear up at the sight of a frosty beer and some wings. (No not in the bath @Crazy_Bomber)

3 Likes

Sickening feeling he will end up at the Pies

They’ve had two ACL’s to Dunn and Scharenberg who were also good ball users out of defence & won’t play next year.

1yr deal when they will be pressing hard for a flag which is all he has ever wanted.

In saying that its done now & I hope Redman will now take the opportunity next year and get a full season in. He showed excellent signs in his games but just needs to stay on park.

There goes his chances of getting a cushy job with the AFL.

Ah true true

Then again, if he ends up at the Pies we get to play a team hosting a player that was identified by many in here as cooked, and our forwards get the opportunity to exploit on Anzac Day.

Yeah could happen actually. Triple M spoke about Pies being an option a few weeks ago actually.

Eddie McGuire spoke a great deal about him today too.

Thanks to BJ for his contribution at the club.
He may not be an Essendon legend, but he certainly carried himself that way whilst playing for us.
I always felt he was more value to the players around him than his weekly performance showed.

He’ll find his way to another club. I don’t think it’ll be around a young core of players. I don’t think that suits him.

I think he’ll end up with a veteran team like Hawthorn and stay on as a coach there afterwards.

Many in here saying ‘cooked’ are wrong though.

Because Woosh still indicating he has played strong football all year which is why it was hard decision.

I’ve said it before, cooked would mean completely not up to it at AFL level. He will still finish high in our B&F and still performed well all season.

His mistakes just being pointed out more than most to affirm people’s thoughts he was done.

There is no doubt he was slowing up though, finding it harder week to week. But that meant should have found way to ensure rested him IMO. To get the best out of him when in team.

In any case, Redman & co it is for 2019 for us, plus salary cap freed up for incoming trade targets which will have a lot to do with the decision.

I hope BJ goes and plays golf and not for Pies even though he does deserve that chance for a flag.

2 Likes

At least we got six years out of Bren don.

1 Like

Staff member (related to a younger player) here at the office mentioned a few younger players don’t enjoy his demonstrative correction and said its him or us. Although I think it is right that Brendan finish up that would be sad if true.

If he goes to the pies and wins a premiership with them, I will be cheering from the roof tops. He deserves nothing less.

6 Likes

Didn’t BJ say in an interview earlier this year that younger players were “soft” or something like that? Could well be a generation gap problem although Joey heaped praise on him in his Crichton speech last year.

Joey is old school and from pretty good stock though!

1 Like

i want those youngsters gone.

1 Like

You won’t get any cheering from me if he’s playing the Dons.

Hahahaha as if we will be playing in a GF anytime soon. We will probably be tenth next year. We haven’t improved in twenty years can’t see us improving in one.

I don’t know if there is any truth to it but a lot of clubs are struggling (just like a lot of workplaces tbf) with this changing of generation.

The youngsters coming through now have grown up in a completely different era where everything is about them, everything is about feelings and they face no criticism ever, for anything.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a clash there with BJ’s clearly passionate way of giving instruction/feedback. However I know this is happening at other clubs too… coaching styles will need to change and basically everything has to change to cater for this new gen coming in.

1 Like

Or the new generation need to take a concrete pill.

5 Likes