Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Played how a leader/experienced player should, was very very good

A few others could take note

I was impressed by his game. He just got on with it, and he played really well . Not his fault ■■■■ and others could not convert 19 times.

Love love love him

Have great respect for this guy. He’s one of the few yesterday who looked as though he had actually turned up to play.

This was a good tackle and as per usual BJ let Hanley know all about it. Loves a niggle our BJ.

His marking, general movement and kicking were so much better on Sunday. Where has that been? Does he feel the pressure of the year finally lifting off of him? Hope so and he plays some blinders.

Eyes on the ball…

Aren’t all these pics already in the game photos thread??

No, those ones weren’t. They were from a different media outlet.

Love your work @“Warlock Paul”

back to his best, still got it in him that’s awesome

think it was the pressure thing, amazing to see his legs still capable of that sort of leap and pace

There’s a good three years left in those legs

Today I thought he was ineffectual playing as a loose man in defence. When you play that role you have to effect the contests you are involved in, and in that respect he failed. A few times I saw him hesitate or put in the short steps, and I don’t like saying that about anybody, especially when they are captain. I don’t know where he plays in 2017. He’s not a win his own ball type mid, and as that spare man off half-back he wasn’t influential enough. Maybe half-forward?

I thought David “sacked by the club that rates Hardwick and Leppitsch” King’s comment that Goddard, in his role as the spare in defence, needed to have a greater influence around the stoppages was particularly insightful.

The guy can easily play for another 2.

He was an All Australian at half back. It’s his spot.

Could potentially scrape together two more years of good footy playing that role.

If BJ doesn’t play across half back against the crows they kick about an extra 4-5 goals.

His presence, setting up the backline and reading the play has been terrific the last few weeks.

Also I think some of the media are getting into the heads of supporters.

This short stepping business… Really?

Today’s game was over-rated. Suffered a crisis of confidence dealing with aerial balls which is essential in defence. Rather he play midfield.

He dropped his head 3x against the Crows, 2x in the first 2 mins of the 2nd qtr.
Had a shocker against Brisbane also, Frawley called him out on it.

Pretty soft in the air these days.

Francis should be the loose man in defence not Goddard.

ICYMI BJ on RSN Inner Sanctum yesterday. Talks about the year, younger players, his contract talks and other stuff. Goes for 21 mins.

He may be injured but apparently he’s already won this years Crichton Medal with a mere 131 votes.