Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

One year deal with trigger clauses for another. Similar to Stanton

Player or club decision for the trigger?

Does Benny have this too? I don’t see the trigger suggested anywhere for any of them

Love you BJ.

Called it.

Player or club decision for the trigger?

Does Benny have this too?

Trigger clauses were agreed upon by both parties. Stanton’s deal at the end of last year was a one year deal with trigger clauses for a second year. I’m sure there’s other factors I’m not aware of but such clauses included achieving a certain finish in the Crichton Medal and a games played quota.

Unsure if Howlett has such trigger clauses. My guess would be no.

Happy with him getting 1 with triggers for a second

Wont play in our next non-premiership.

2017, year of the Bomber

Congratulations BJ, welcome backin 2017 Bravo, Jackets, getting it done.

Deserves another year.

Started the year poorly, got into consistent form by mid year, and was playing really good football before his injury.

Fan-■■■■■■-tastic! Can’t wait to see him out there next year with the boys returned.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqsi4x1W8AA01_j.jpg:large

3 more years min.
This is a disgrace.

Deserves another year.

Started the year poorly, got into consistent form by mid year, and was playing really good football before his injury.

His disposal / decision making was a bit down on his high standards. However, on a whole range of measures was in the top 5 players in our side.

Bring in 10 of the twelve and he is still in the best 22 . No Brainer.

I like this. Year by year for 30+ is fine.

Great news. I am looking forward to seeing him play without the burden of the saga on his shoulders. He has been fantastic and I think it will be great to see him with all the others playing with a level of freedom.
I’m Excited!

I have a lot of respect for BJ. He has shown tremendous loyalty to the club and been great in a leadership role. Looking forward to seeing him in the red and black for another season at the very least. He’s earned his sash.

Thoroughly deserves another year, has been a terrific servant for the EFC in very trying circumstances

Brilliant. It is hard to believe that he ever played for another club. Champion Essendon player.

Just quietly this means he should get 100 games with us. F/S BRING HIM IN.

Sitting on 83 games for us right now. Should reach 300 games and with a bit of luck could make it to 100 games for the club. Has been a very “durable” player, averaging 20 games a year.

Well done BJ.

Trigger clauses are not an issue. Missed 4 games in 4 years. Multiple years in the top 5 of the B and F and will do the same this year