Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

At least 2 of those lost games from one of the softest MRP penalties of all time.

I’ll put my hand up and say that I wasn’t sure how he’d handle the leadership this year after the suspensions came down.

I was wrong. He’s been fantastic on field and off and absolutely deserves the contract for next year he’s just got.

Great news. I am looking forward to seeing him play without the burden of the saga on his shoulders. He has been fantastic and I think it will be great to see him with all the others playing with a level of freedom. I'm Excited!

This.

Happy.
And when he does retire, he will be more remembered as a Bomber than a Saint.

Great news. Has been amazing from the moment he walked through the door. Hope he has a great year next year.

I can’t believe it’ll be 5 years already and 100 games with us. Still feels like yesterday he joined us.

Beej.

Sitting on 83 games for us right now. Should reach 300 games and with a bit of luck could make it to 100 games for the club. Has been a very "durable" player, averaging 20 games a year.

Well done BJ.

should play on in 2018 so we can pick up his kids with the father/son rule. st kilda will waste them

Awesome news.
BJ has been an amazing leader through dark times and we better give him our absolute gratitude as he more than deserves it.

Sitting on 83 games for us right now. Should reach 300 games and with a bit of luck could make it to 100 games for the club. Has been a very "durable" player, averaging 20 games a year.

Well done BJ.

should play on in 2018 so we can pick up his kids with the father/son rule. st kilda will waste them

When BJ first came over, he sort of made it clear that he would always think of himself as a Saint first. If he does play on for another 1-2 seasons and if we did manage the miracle flag… then it could be a situation where he has played 110 games for EFC, captained the side and won a flag…

Does he think of himself as a Bomber first? At this stage it looks like we will be able to claim F/S so could be an interesting question in 20 years time.

I can't believe it'll be 5 years already and 100 games with us. Still feels like yesterday he joined us.

The day he joined I felt like absolutely farkin nothing was going to stop us being led to a flag by Hirdy. But something did, and somehow BJ still absolutely bought in and is a Bomber for life.

Call me biased, but I honestly reckon he’ll be remembered in a decades time as an Essendon person, not a St Kilda one.

Well done BJ.

When BJ first came over, he sort of made it clear that he would always think of himself as a Saint first. If he does play on for another 1-2 seasons and if we did manage the miracle flag… then it could be a situation where he has played 110 games for EFC, captained the side and won a flag…

Does he think of himself as a Bomber first? At this stage it looks like we will be able to claim F/S so could be an interesting question in 20 years time.

Or father/daughter by that stage. Essendon more than likely would have a women’s team by then.

Well done BJ.

Don’t forget a Crichton!

The only player I’m unhappy to have resigned. Sick of the pointing, not enough action. Really disappointed with this offer.

Ok champ

The only player I'm unhappy to have resigned. Sick of the pointing, not enough action. Really disappointed with this offer.

you kind sir are what is known as a douche canoe

The only player I'm unhappy to have resigned. Sick of the pointing, not enough action. Really disappointed with this offer.

you kind sir are what is known as a douche canoe

¯\(ツ)

I’m absolutely stoked he re-signed. Second best player this year and will take Hibbos spot at half back and kill it next year. His entire time at Essendon (bar the first 2 month)s has been ASADA wrecked and he has performed brilliantly. His leadership has been strong and excellent this year. Blitzers who say otherwise go look at the stats. So glad he came to Essendon. Hopefully the next 2 years are full of lot of wins and he deserves that.

I'm absolutely stoked he re-signed. Second best player this year and will take Hibbos spot at half back and kill it next year. His entire time at Essendon (bar the first 2 month)s has been ASADA wrecked and he has performed brilliantly. His leadership has been strong and excellent this year. Blitzers who say otherwise go look at the stats. So glad he came to Essendon. Hopefully the next 2 years are full of lot of wins and he deserves that.
Almost like the first 80 odd games for us were a warm up. Now we can hopefully finally deliver on the original promise.. the last few years of his career in a successful side!