Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Players don’t need MSM to get their views across and have access to social media, including tweets for some time , which if anything reach a wider audience than MSM. Few have spoken out on social issues in recent times, although they have supported charities ( which is different). The MSM was on a catch up on BJ’s tweet.

MF’s great regret from his time at the AFL is not getting the interchange limit down to 30.

You can not make this ■■■■ up.

Well, not credibly.

I suppose he could not talk about getting that WA stadium deal locked in.

Waiting for Jon Ralph to ask Xavier Campbell on SEN tomorrow, what disciplinary action will be put in place for Goddard following his comments on Fitzpatrick.

More Mayo actually stood up for BJ today and agreed with him. Even mentioned that Fitzpatrick’s legacy was tarnished from how he handled the saga

Wouldn’t have said boo peep if BJ didn’t shoot first.

Or if Fitzpatrick was staying put.

Well obviously. If fits Patrick was staying put the original comment would never have been made.

General John Ralph on the march

More Mayo March.

How’s that for alliteration?

He’s sure getting some wide coverage.
While I was plodding away on the conveyor belt in the gym at 7am, I noticed report on a national morning program, showing MF at the sit down press conference ( presumably because Mike would not stand up to questioning ) and then showing the text of BJs tweet.

Greg Baum has an article in the Rage on players speaking out and their sophisticated use of social media.

Waiting for Jon Ralph to ask Xavier Campbell on SEN tomorrow, what disciplinary action will be put in place for Goddard following his comments on Fitzpatrick.

More Mayo actually stood up for BJ today and agreed with him. Even mentioned that Fitzpatrick’s legacy was tarnished from how he handled the saga

That little chat I had with him downstairs on BBQ day may have had some effect.

Did he have any sausages?

Only Gil’s, Fitzpatrick’s and Vlad’s

I doubt Giligan has one.

And Vlad thinks he has one…he hasn’t seen it for a while.

Before the game, BJ said something like perhaps could have chosen his words more carefully, but it was just his opinion and he stood by it. Perhaps the club suggested he clarify that it might not be a generally held view by the players or reflect a club view.
Just my opinion, reckon it reflects a Blitz view.

X on sen spin doctored the ■■■■ out of the statement.

Players have always spoken out on a range of issues - The difference is more is reported through media channels.

Players need a real union.

1 Like

What a club! There you have Doggies Pres sticking up for Easton Wood on ABC this morning on AFL and gambling broadcasting.

Before the game, BJ said something like perhaps could have chosen his words more carefully, but it was just his opinion and he stood by it. Perhaps the club suggested he clarify that it might not be a generally held view by the players or reflect a club view. Just my opinion, reckon it reflects a Blitz view.

Club said nothing to him.

Before the game, BJ said something like perhaps could have chosen his words more carefully, but it was just his opinion and he stood by it. Perhaps the club suggested he clarify that it might not be a generally held view by the players or reflect a club view. Just my opinion, reckon it reflects a Blitz view.

Xav on the radio said ‘they spoke about it’

X on sen spin doctored the ■■■■ out of the statement.

I guess the club now realises that the AFL dont need Essendon. If we folded, they could just move us to Hobart and create a Tasmanian “expansion” club called the Hobart Bombers, with a big mainland support to guarantee a smooth startup.

Xav on the radio said ‘they spoke about it’

Sorry, badly said by me.
Club didn’t tell him to back off.

Careful choice of words there X, sends the foamers into a frenzy of speculation. And then , those equivocal comments of his after the media reporting on Hird’s illness. Way to go X.

Thought Goddard was good last night to be honest.

Gave away some crap free’s but his disposal and hands were good IMO.

All he has been through, banned from the finals , stand-in leader for a top- up team through a horror season, coach brought down , did not drop his head and he he is still standing as his own man after all that . I could see him mentoring some of the inexperienced players and speeding up their progress. I also see him as a role model off the field.

I think he along with xaharakis will benefit most from the returning players