Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

EFA.

This poor bugger deserves a hell of a lot more than a finals win for all of his blood sweat and tears he has poured into this club since he arrived.

We have the talent to deliver him this, it’s just all between the ears for us as a team as to how well we perform week in and week out.

4 Likes

He copped a lot of grief from some sections of the nuffy brigade last year, but the guy was giving it all, week in, week out. It’s almost like he’s been let off a leash this year. Outstanding game last week. If he keeps that up he really will be the icing on the cake.

4 Likes

Had some really great moments and a couple of average ones tonight.

Still think that he brings a lot to the side.

His forward 50 entries are a joy to watch.

1 Like

Nice to have him coming in and setting us back on course when it counts. Composed and clinical. Just how we need him to be.

Strange game from BJ, some patches of brilliance but some absolute howlers thrown in and cost us several goals directly from his mistakes

Slowly starting to carve it up. He seems to lift to a better level better the occasion, plays average to okay on nothing games.

Anzac day is set for him.

You could say the same about Jobe and even Zerrett. It’s just a product of them taking it upon themselves to go for the 50m bullet pass into the centre at every opportunity.

Did they?

Think they will be vindicated or proven wrong in 2019 and 2020. Not round fkn 2 of 2017.

Just because I need to find something positive, even just for a few seconds, I’m giving a shout out for Goddard’s game yesterday.

He has had a very solid start to the year, and he’s still pretty valuable to us. I had this year as his last, but at this early stage, I’m not sure that’s gonna be the case.

11 Likes

Goddard will be gone when his in close work goes south AND he struggles below his knees - Kicking would still be good even if in a wheelchair.

2 Likes

Yep, I second that.

If only Plan R existed…

2 Likes

Playing on the inside and playing pretty well for an old man. But not much love on here for BJ.

6 Likes

Has been excellent so far, really pleased with him.

2 Likes

I have been pleasantly surprised by his form this year. Really pleased, and hope it continues. He is a champ, and I’d love to see him go out on his own terms when he eventually chooses to.

4 Likes

Really stands out his passion and intensity at his age to still be putting up games like last week, out and out champion so lucky to have had him the last few years, we’d have been truly rooted and half of us in mental homes without his consistent dedication to the success of this club on and off the field

give em hell bj.

11 Likes

It’ll be up to BJ himself to decide when he’ll retire. It’s a great shame he had to spend so long with the Tarts’ Team. He’s a great asset to the Club. And he takes no shyte, either — keeps his team mates on their toes. In many ways it’s a pity he’s not still Captain.

1 Like

I agree. I thought he could have been captain for another year or so. One of the few leaders that had played with nearly everyone on the list. And leads by example (not that Heppell doesn’t)

4 Likes

Plenty of love for the guy. He is and always will be Red & Black now, a spiritual leader and something we needed badly.

3 Likes

BJ is probably running 1st or 2nd in the BnF right now. Our best clearance player over 4 games , leads in contested possessions , top 2 for inside 50s and rebound 50s. He is putting in a massive amount of hard work for the team.

11 Likes