Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Yes. It’s a shame he is so slow.

Big unsung hero for us today

Was huge

Most consistent player we’ve had over the last three years

what a fkn champ

21 Likes

He’s finally playing the way we need him to. What an asset.

2 Likes

Agree he’s been huge, gonna be critical if we get going later in the year.

2 Likes

I thought he was pretty ordinary by his standards today but has been really good in general to start the season.

Love watching him play.

BJ’s strength in the contest is v important. I followed it closely today - tackles that he stands up to, players he doesn’t let by him, etc. his strength (as well as Jobe’s) in that 4th qtr today was v important.
he’s really enjoying, footy-wise at least, not being the main focus with everything on his shoulders this year.

5 Likes

Had a massive second half. There was a point in the 3rd wtr where he was on thr bench and we copped a goal. He was so angry, went strsught into the cebtre square at thr bounce and just bulldozed his way into gettung a clearance.

5 Likes

He killed Pendlebury today. Was really focussed on my the defensive side today, but still bad 22 disposals.

4 Likes

Was massive today. Loved his work in the third term in particular where he got a few centre clearances that ultimately lead to scores. He’s such a strong leader and makes things happen. So glad we got him.

Having a great season.

4 Likes

His best season since 2013. Doesn’t appear to be as angry this year. Good to see.

6 Likes

He is the reason we have been good in the clearances the last couple of weeks. Has been huge, he had a role to play today on Pendles, and was brilliant.

4 Likes

He came out breathing fire in the 3rd quarter, probably held us in it tbh.

1 Like

Spot on. I think he’s having a belter of a season so far. He knows his limitations and just sizes up every situation so intelligently. The smartest player out there today, just kept being in the right spots and doing the right things. Very cool and collected.

2 Likes

I reckon he has taken his stoppage work to another level this year.

4 Likes

He was great. Stood up so many times when it was in the balance. Write him off as many times as you like - I guess you’ll be correct eventually. Having a renaissance type season.

4 Likes

Couldn’t be happier with BJ, he has wound back the clock and of all players on the list, he deserves loyalty.

I wrote him off for 2018, even 2017, however he seems revitalised.

He has gone to a different level. His clearance work has been fantastic.

1 Like

Another good game. Just quietly and efficiently gone about his work. He’d be leading the B+F for sure at the moment.

5 Likes

After 6 games as an inside mid he is 21st in Clearances and 26th in contested possessions and leads the club in both these stats.

He is close to Treloar, Cochin, Fyfe, Wines , Parker and Cripps in these stats.

In addition its was revealed in the radio interview with BJ last Thursday that he had the job on Pendlebury on Anzac day. We all know Pendles had a bad day in that game. How much was due to BJ ? I cant assess that, but BJ says "he was given the job " of going head to head.

BJ is a revelation as an inside mid tbh. Doing better than I expected. Having said that, I never expected him to become an inside mid, let alone do so well at age 32

5 Likes