Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Along with zerrett, he’s our best player by a mile this year. I actually thought he was almost done at times last year, but he’s taken his game to a new level. He’s in better form than his B&F year. Credit to the guy to re capture this kind of form

4 Likes

Nah, I just spotted that number at the time. I think next best at the time was 12.

1 Like

He barely contested after the knee injury and Zerrett had too much to take on and we have nobody who could carry the slack in the middle.

Been easily our best player and best leader this year imho.

2 Likes

Been handed the biggest ■■■■ sandwich coming to Essendon. Yet he has been professional every step of the way. Deserves better

1 Like

This bloke more than anyone on the list deserves s finals win. Really hope we can do it for him

2 Likes

Yes he does, but at the rate we’re going, will be happy if we can just win some more games for him, this season. :wink:

He’s so damn good he makes everyone look ordinary.

Yep.
At the start of this year, I had him pegged as the one definite to retire year’s end.
Pretty sure I’m wrong about that, barring injury.

2 Likes

He’s been awesome this year, good on him.

He’s in Crichton Medal form at the moment, not that these things are ever handed out in May.

2 Likes

And if BJ is going this well, … and Jobe Wan was better & fitter than him before his holiday, … there’s no reason we won’t see him reach at least his equal again before the years out. In fact, he may only be a blood transfusion or two off it…:wink:

Maybe even this week, … Now wouldn’t that be timely.

What a champ of the club. A bit like Salmon at the Hawks. They absolutely loved him too. Yeah, as someone already said, he’s playing better than in his B&F year + he’s really enjoying his footy. Love that there’s never a hint of regret by him coming to the club. Always positive. Love the bloke

7 Likes

A lot of people owe this bloke an apology.

There were endless comments about forcing him to retire at the end of last year, which was simply ridiculous. Then bagged the club for signing him on a new deal.

9 Likes

It’s a very common thing around here. It’s called WOB Syndrome.

5 Likes

smokey for our b&f

will place 2nd or 1st.

2 Likes

I heard him described as Cecil B DeMille the other day. Thought that was quite witty.

He’s definitely back in form. Based on last year I thought he was near the end. Considering his reversal of form, maybe there’s another season or two beyond this one.

I do think the club is making a mistake by playing him in the guts so often. He has probably has more center square starts than anyone at the club. I’d like to see a few younger players get center square time.

Settle. He’s an older player and we are trying to create a new generation. Many wondered how Jobe, Stanton, Goddard (and Hocking) would fit into that plan.

Most of us have 3/4 right…

Potential assistant coach in a few years time.

1 Like