Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

At this point I’ll take a soccer along the ground 15 metres out, as long as it isn’t to the ■■■■■■■ right again and again and again.

It’s like our players have undergone a hemispheric separation and lost the ability to function on one side.

It’s giving me the shiits.

3 Likes

No one mentioned the poxy kickout by Zerret in the first quarter that was marked by Parker and directly resulted in a goal.

1 Like

Feel free to timecode every error in the game, then.

I think the point ‘BJ is not great at kicking out’ is well made and has been blown entirely out of proportion, although I’ve neither stats nor time stamps to prove this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have to learn how to win close games. Its not as though we have had much practice in the last 18 months

1 Like

So…who’s Kate, eh?

2 Likes

Goes out with Ivan’s Coner.

So many mini David Kings so confused by this concept.

1 Like

Myers might have been better choice if he had have been playing. What’s done is done.

I have heard that we do no specific kick out drills at training. I find this hard to believe yet from watching how we go about them it makes complete sense. I imagine there will be some time spent on it now with Goddard no doubt a large part of it.

Can any track watchers confirm if we do practice our kick outs?

It’s the last layer apparently.

I also bet we do little or no training at night under lights…something that I find quite strange in the day of being ultra allover every aspect of the game!

1 Like

We have 3 of the longest kicks going in Hartley,Hurley and Myers and yet I rarely see them bomb it.
Fletcher used to with great effect.

1 Like

Not confused at all. People just don’t trust Wim’s judgement. Lol.

And rightly so.
Also, fair enough that no-one paid any attention when he stuffed it against WC.

Surely I’m not imagining a very dicey kick-out that we were lucky to get away with in the same game, though.

Just think if one of his team mates wasn’t lazy and made a lead for him he could have hit them up instead of getting smothered, or at least get the handball off, there was a TON of space between him and the 50 with one swan in it

unbelievable pathetic levels of effort by the team, nobody in that last two minutes wanted to put in the hard yards, feel kind of vomit about just remembering it, ■■■■■■■ sickening witches hats

1 Like

Made some notes watching the replay…

BJ’s kick ins v Swans

2nd Q - 14 min left - retain possession - coast to coast goal. Perhaps one of the best team goals of the year

3rd Q - 14:18 min left - maybe bj; off camera. Short pass, give and go with Gleeson

3 Q - 9:03 remaining - short pass to the pocket, retain possession

3Q - 5:44 remaining - short pass to the pocket, retain possession

4Q - only took one kick in. Let’s not talk about that one, ok?

Nailed his first 5.

4 Likes

Now I have. All bar the last we kept possession. Most were a short, conservative kick to the back pocket, looking for a one / two.

I would not be at all surprised if I’m remembering the coast to coast goal.

Do we count the one in the 1st that came from Macka to BJ first, then ala Zac’s effort, went straight to a Syd player, and came straight back for a goal??

Along with Zerrets, … both Swan 1st qtr goals came from our screwed up kick ins,… or at least, trying to get out of the backline after behinds were scored.