Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Ok so yeah what he did was dumb and unnecessary, but I do understand it.

But I wish a few more had’ve come in and helped him rather than a dozen Dogs players standing there over him. He would fly the flag for a teammate if it was anybody else, and has done before many times.

I disagree WOB, everyone on the ground knew the whistle was 30 seconds away and we were 4 goals down, Mclean (hunter, macrae, dahlhaus) had been dropping their knees and throwing their head backs all day. I enjoyed him giving it to him - I didn’t enjoy noone coming in to help him. Good on the dogs though, there was 15 of them.

2 Likes

Full marks to lav and raz being the first ones in there to stick up for him. Then hep and tommy came in straight after. Shame on all the others players standing aroubd watching and not helping out

Plus the fact the at essential times we lack guts, grit and determination. Another game gone wanting.

Our % is lower than Melbourne’s now, those late goals hurt and Goddard’s was atrocious. I love him but fck it’s selfish and costly.

I’m certain I saw Conor in there as well

1 Like

Carlscum people near me today laughing at BJ, reckon he gave them 5 goals

Well they ain’t lying!
Those stupid low percentage kicks into the middle of the ground get turned over every single time

4 Likes

I believe there’s a clause in his contract where has to pull this off twice a game.

Fortunately he understands the game very well still, and does some good stuff that outweighs the bad.

Those kicks are generally there for him to pull off.

It’s just that our entire spread and work rate out of the stoppage was nonexistent today.

The one he did try to Colyer shouldn’t have been taken though. Little separation on his man and as soon as Colyer gets near it, everyone knows that he has to fumble it at least twice before he thinks he can pick it up and shank it out on the full or to the opposition.

Goddard wasn’t our biggest issue today.

3 Likes

BJ is still in the best 22 this year and most likely next year.

1 Like

dunno if we can afford it with Jobe seeming in need for a rest but I’d give BJ a rest - he’s been pretty average in recent times. Kelly’s coming back, maybe also bring in a Stanton in BJ’s place.

Is a liability, should go but won’t

1 Like

He really held up along half back there for periods in the adelaide game.
Hes no Goddard 2010, but he is still servicable for age… … Just depends if our game plan going forward includes him running lose around half back… if it does, not much better than him.

Struggling bad…tries to do things he used to be able to do. Kicking is still OK but the trouble is when his kicking is off, he can’t provide much else

Has been poor the last 2 weeks. But is still one of our best mids which is a joke

At this stage im happy for him to get another year

one of our many defensive spectators
has had a reasonably good year but we wont be going anywhere if he’s anything more than depth next year

Has struggled in recent weeks but was very good earlier in the year.
I doubt Kelly is going to play on. Goddard should play his role next year and stay out of the midfield.
Thought Parish was excellent tonight and we need more midfield minutes for the next generation

Can’t play Kelly’s role because he’s too slow and does not defend.

1 Like

With our slow fumbling old midfield it wouldn’t matter if we had the best halfback flankers in the league. They just go missing an unaccountable. Till that get fixed nothing will change. Goddard could probably play Kelly’s role next year but if Myers Heppell howlett green r jogging around an colyers form we r screwed