#9 Dylan Shiel be right, mate - from July 2022

A more germane question: how’s his real estate portfolio going?

Struggled to get involved. Did not run the other way at all.

Always been his problem. Need to watch the game again but if he’s not doing the defensive things when the game is up for grabs, then it’s time get the young kids in. Tsatas or Cox will be better

1 Like

If he was passed fit for today, either our medical team is negligent (on recent history, highly possible) or Dylan was telling porkies. Maybe both.
He was miles off it, right from the get-go.
I’ve watched Essendon games for 40 years, and, I have to say it… this is very close to being the worst trade I’ve seen us do in that time. Sure, there’s been other bad ones (cough… Mark Williams… cough), but I can’t think of one that’s cost two first-rounders.

10 Likes

He always comes back rusty, needs a few games to find his groove

Should have played VFL, if at all. He’s good when going at 100%, crap when he isn’t.

2 Likes

Cooked

1 Like

His worst game for the season however he has been very good for us this year.

8 Likes

It’s not even a contest from the (slightly less) years I’ve been watching.

And I have more issue with the size of his contract than what we had to give up to get him.

2 Likes

Yes, well there’s that too…

Tsatas coming in definitely felt like a replacement for Shiel at some stage.

He will be better next week.

2 Likes

He had a case of the Travis colyers today. Just a bit off. He will be fine, Shiel be right. Just needs repetitions. It’s like he was playing at our training pace, which wouldn’t be 100% no doubt.

Drop him.altogether next week.

Most overrated player in the league.

Actually probably not true as i dont think that many rate him anymore

1 Like

Hes just not the player we thought we were getting. we thought we’d get a mid that could burst from the contest, instead we got a guy afraid to kick and poor at handballing

No spot for him in our midfield

4 Likes

EFC is the elephant’s graveyard of players rated from other clubs.

Ease up everyone, he has missed several weeks, give him a chance to readjust

9 Likes

Yeah bloke was on fire before his ankle injury

4 Likes

There’s some pretty short memories in here.

Since the Luke Parker embarrassment (and at the time, it was deserved) last year… I think he has been tremendous. Was having a very good season until injury hit a couple of weeks back.

Like I said… better next week.

15 Likes