#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Be happy for them to do that. With Redman coming on, we have a lot of outside runners now. Zaka, McKenna, Saad, Redman, Ridley =lots of run. Shut one down, the others take over. Our team is nice and balanced now for run and carry. Throw in Ratz, Tippa and even Stringer from the fwd half who can impact through the middle and we now have a team that can rotate to find the right combo each game.

2 Likes

You really should have marked this compilation ā€œNSFWā€. I meanā€¦

nswf?

Common denominator with all those players is that they can all kick the ball really well. Something we have lacked past years.

1 Like

ā€œNot Suitable For Workā€ just a joke at how much like footy ā– ā– ā– ā–  that is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#9 would probably have worked better with #6

Though it would be better if after getting away with the dodgy ones we also get the ones we should get. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m consistent, I abuse the umpires when they stuff up our way.

Admittedly the volume level tends to be a lot lowerā€¦except when Iā€™m actively trolling an opposition supporter.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Scroll up ninos.

That muppet Mitch Clearly tweeted after round one that GWS were holding pick one as a result of the Dylan Shiel trade. Donā€™t think it was ever likely weā€™d be winning a spoon this year.

That same muppet hasnā€™t said anything since given if the ladder position didnā€™t change from here we wouldā€™ve given up pick 11 (2018) & pick 12 (2019) for Shiel & pick 31 (2019). I actually feel like weā€™re in front if that scenario holds up. Either way, Iā€™m glad this jet is wearing our jumper.

8 Likes

Picks are overrated imo couldnā€™t care if we give away a top 5-10 selection for a gun like Shiel

1 Like

FWIW I agree. Without smart drafting the pick is useless. For every Zach Merrett (pick 26) thereā€™s a David Myers (pick 6) type balls up. The draft CAN BE somewhat of a crapshoot.

2 Likes

That 10 minutes at the end of the second qtr was something esle.

He even mopped up others players mistakes once heā€™d given it to them.

5 Likes

Reckon the top 5 you are almost guaranteed in picking an elite talent but after that itā€™s a lottery imo.

I get tired watching him play with the amount of running he does lols we shall call him

Itā€™s been done to deathā€¦ But the Myers selection wasnā€™t a balls up. He went exactly where he was expected to go and thereā€™s plenty of blokes that went before and after that pick 6 that have done alot less or fairly similar. Injury-free I reckon David could have been a very very good AFL midfielder.

4 Likes

Yeah, although there has turned out better players from later in his draft I didnā€™t have an issue with drafting him at the time. The bigger mistake has been persisting with him for too long

Heā€™s in our best 22ā€¦ apparently.

Hence persistence has been rewarded.