#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

I think Merrett has but we’re splitting hairs. And the chemistry those guys are building is great. Looking forward to them going up against a serious midfield on Thursday. Not expecting a win but it will be a good measure of where we’re at. (and a win isn’t off the table)

2 Likes

Correct. If Hawthorn had our pick they wouldn’t have drafted Cyril

Nearly 900m gained, 400 in the 2nd quarter alone. I can’t wait to watch him burning off Treloar out of the centre on Thursday…

3 Likes

2007 AFL Draft my wish list was
7 Rioli
23 Rance…then Scott Selwood (both went before our pick)
39 Daniher F/S
54 Tom Bellchambers (Tassie)

Had never heard of Hooker.

3 Likes

… you need to get out more.

3 Likes

Fairy dust points makes him nominally worth pick 5 in your scenario above (or pick 7 if he takes us to the premiership).

In reality various academy and pity picks will make it slightly better for us.

Just watching the replay of the Brisbane game and Shiel gets one of his many centre clearances and bursts away from the stoppage leaving all the Brisbane players in his wake, but then he looks over his shoulder as Fantasia sprints past him for the handball receive :joy:

Fanta doesn’t even look 100% yet but Christ he’s quick!

2 Likes

we should try a relay from the backline to goal:

McKenna to Saad to Shiel to Fantasia… goal

2 Likes

We had some quick players in the knights era but now we are just taking the p11ss!

This has to be the quickest team of all time.

Judd said this last night. They don’t seem to lose speed as the game goes on either.

2 Likes

we should’ve gotten Usain Bolt when he was looking for something else to try

3 Likes

Yep, the heavy rotations we have would contribute to us maintaining speed.

We will post some big victories this year I think.

1 Like

How quick does our VFL side look? Has this pace continued there also?

The VFL side plays similar to the senior side. Slick ball movement and plenty of leg speed.

Only difference is that the VFL side doesn’t have a lot of pace through midfield. That’s why we used Hind a lot through there last year.

1 Like

Looking forward to the debate which will arise from ANZAC days of the future. Namely, who got the better players from GWS, Pies with Treloar and Adams OR Bombers with Smith & Sheil? For arguments sake leaving Hoskin-Elliott out of this.

I just remember being in amazement of Shiels 2nd quarter. At half time I caught up with a mate and said to him, ‘If Shiel learns how to kick he could be as good as WCE Judd’.
He is amazing. Can’t wait to see him burn up the G on Thursday.

1 Like

Thought his kicking was a lot better as he dished off some good passes (and yes he missed some targets too). Given his professionalism and physical abilities, no reason he can’t improve his kicking to a much higher level.

IMO

Treloar is the best

Adams is at the bottom.

Our boys in between.

Neither Shiel or Treloar have reached the heights I thought they would 5 years ago.

Hoping Shiel does now. He has made a good start.

1 Like

Fun to compare. Especially because they were born on the same day.

This season, Shiel is actually beating Trelaor in Inside 50s, Metres gained, Contested possesions, Clearances and Pressure acts.

Losing on Disposals, Efficiency (big difference), Tackles (by .2 per game) & Goals.

Think at this point i’d take Shiel.

1 Like

there will be only one measurement that matters at the close of their careers. Pray that we are on the better side of that ledger.

4 Likes