#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

I think he also had some land out Rockbank way as well

Sshhh, donā€™t tell the communists on here that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Shielā€™s about building the sides of barns, not hitting them.

3 Likes

It was the only connection I could make between Dylan Shiel and Andrew Welsh as footballers.

Ahā€¦ Dylan plays like Chris Judd, Welsh once beat Chris Juddā€¦ I got nothing.

Both have 2 syllable Cristian names, followed by 1 syllable surnames.

3 Likes

Welsh or pokies. Who will exploit Melton more?

4 Likes

Imagine the reaction here if he went to Carlton and was named an environmental ambassador.

2 Likes

Lowest bid on his playing contract.

You think the $20k extra a year swayed him? Clubs have been setting their footballers up for post football life with these kinds of work experience deals forever. Thereā€™s nothing more sinister to it than that. Iā€™ve worked with a couple of AFL players doing exactly this. And they can only be paid tiny amounts to do it otherwise the AFL wont sign it off.

2 Likes

His dadā€™s a big time property developer.

Ha so carlton took Shiel to Noosa with Champagne and Caviar, we took him for a coffee and talked about fkg Melton and got the deal done.

Amazing.

3 Likes

Against North, Shiel had a blinder. Hard to imagine him performing at the same lofty standard this week. To counter that thought, Shiel would be stung by his poor/below average showing against the Pies in last years finals. That + playing in such a massive game, may have him primed to put in another top performance.

1 Like

I get the impression that crowds like ANZAC day are half the reason he joined Essendon. I think heā€™ll thrive on it.

1 Like

plus Dreamtime game.

1 Like

mini final every week with us!

Heā€™s just highly professional and extremely self driven to succeed. Of course he will want to play well on the big stage and in particular against the best in the competition who everyone measures themselves against. Like the rest of them, Iā€™d be very worried if they needed to find some other form of motivation to get up for any one game over the other.

2 Likes

He is going to go spastic tomorrow, Collingwood are not going to be able to stop him. Hopefully is a start of third to have way through the fourth destruction from Shiel. Let Hepp and merrett grind them out in the first half.

What our record like in mini finals seeing though we canā€™t win an actual final :pensive:

when he finally slots his first goal in the red and black tomorrow he will bring the southern stand down. I feel so confident with him in our midfield. He lifts the other players too. JET

Woosha?