#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

We dont have to even look to see if Levi Greenwood is picked. He is not fast enough to run with Shiel anyway. Be sure one of the faster Collingwood mids will be given an accountable role on Shiel tomorrow, with an instruction to try and get the ball on the flip side of course.
Its not going to be like Lachie Neale completely ignoring Shiel and racking up 40 redundant possessions ( in the context of the game)

Heā€™s in according to Tom Browne.

1 Like

Not unexpected.

ā€œā€¦Buckley will consider recalling tough utility Levi Greenwood to replace James Aish, who is in doubt after being concussed during last weekā€™s win over Brisbaneā€¦ā€

Thatā€™s Environmental Ambassador talk.

22 v Pies in the Semi Final

It ainā€™t a conversation about Dylan Shiel, without Barrett banging on about how he nearly changed his mind the final few minutes of trade period.

Woulda, coulda, shouldaā€¦ the deal got done. So shut the f*ck up.

4 Likes

True these games are played like the other games. But the build up and atmosphere can make them different. The preamble with speeches, anthems, etc delays the start between warm up and ball bounce. The crowd and noise is bigger and louder. Thereā€™s an increase is hype and intensity. A lot more distractions to deal with. Itā€™s as close as youā€™ll get, atmosphere wise and pressure, to finals footy between big clubs.

1 Like

I wonder how many jackets Dodoro bought with his takings?

Shiel had 866 metres gained last week.
That is impressive by anyones standards/

1 Like

Exactly. Itā€™s also the explanation as to why weā€™ve played as well in these games as we have in any final weā€™ve made since the early 2000ā€™s.

Theyā€™re going to go after Shiel tomorrow, I hope we are prepared for that and protect him.

4 Likes

Even if we were to add the $20,000 to the TPP it would only take $500 from 40 players to cover it. Story is a big nothing burger; if anything it was an advertisement for those involvedā€¦ and to any other potential trade targets.

Shiel had a little bit of a rep for going missing in big games. (as in GWS finals).

Has a point to prove tomorrow I think. I hope he proves it.

1 Like

They are going to be going after everyone tomorrow.

I hope we give it right back to them across the board.

Maybe we donā€™t have the talent to go with them, maybe we donā€™t kick straight, maybe the umps screw us, maybe we turn the ball over under pressureā€¦ thatā€™s footy.

But they had damn well want to bring a willingness to go in hard and not take a backward step.

There is an opportunity here to be taken.

3 Likes

Well in 2017 against Richmond he was knocked out by Cotchin. Prior to that he was destroying Richmond. Not sure if that is the same as going missing.

2 Likes

Just do not read or listen to anything that gimp writes or talks about. Save yourself the bother.

The article about Shiel takes pains to point out that the $20000 is approved by the AFL. It sounds like a leak direct from $AFL HQ to me

Very unlike Mick Warnerā€¦ feels like thereā€™s a part 2 coming

Lets hope he kicks his first goal for the EFC tomorrow
and another 3 after that

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. Thatā€™s not the style of this magpies team. Itā€™s not Buckley and itā€™s not how these teams play Anzac Day.

There will be zero silly buggers tomorrow and both teams will be confident that if they play somewhere near their best they will win.