#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Levi Greenwood disagrees

Greenwood to Merrett I think.

1 Like

SSSS blitz

I love this man but he must be like 0.9 this year???

3 Likes

I don’t care that some think this guy is our best player. His disposals are horrible. Cost us two chances to win the game in that last 5 mins. Once again had a game high 8 clangers and is probably leading the comp on that stat. Couldn’t kick a goal to save himself. Bit harsh considering he got a lot of the ball but I groan everytime he has the ball (which is a lot of groans)

3 Likes

He should have had three goals and the Anzac medal from the win. Blew it today after a massive game otherwise.

3 Likes

He will get his first goal. Second half of the season will be massive once he settles.

If there’s ever a game that proves that dreamteam points are irrelevant, that was it.
Completely butchered the ball all match.
2:30 left in the last streaming out of the backline with little pressure completely misses JD on a lead by 20m topping off a poor game.

3 Likes

Is there a disconnect between what he thinks he can do and what he can actually do?

After playing footy since a kid I would have thought he should be able to hit a target by now.

Gets the ball a lot which amplifies that he wastes the ball a lot.

Hoping that part of his game comes good.

3 Likes

I am thinking the tagger will be on Merret after today . Opposition will be happy to see him with the ball . Hope he turns this around quickly.

He’s changed our midfield.

3 Likes

He has, love him.

Now he needs to change his I50 kicking.

3 Likes

Some of his kicking today would get kids dragged in U12’s

Strangely in a way he played a big part in us losing the game. Someone of that caliber and the price we paid made some dreadful decisions. He had the opportunity that others provided him to provide us another 4 or so goals.

2 Likes

maybe the forwards could ■■■■■■■ lead instead of waiting for top of the goal square.

5 Likes

0.9 at shots on goal. Only way is up

Only Smack is a leading forward, the rest all hang back and have done so for most of their careers. Brown doesn’t lead, Stringer doesn’t lead, even Joey rarely leads. While we need to change that, Shiel also needs to be aware of that and kick accordingly.

1 Like

His kicking has been a bit off all season. Though he is just missing the kick. It can turn around.

Pretty bad 34 possession game. Let’s not sugar coat it.

His kicking is hilariously average when you consider the rest of his game.

He’s still a gun, but geez, imagine what he could be.

5 Likes