#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Brown does lead. So does Fantasia. Daniher likes it dropped on his head. Walla and Stringer like it out back or on the deck. Stringer leads sometimes but it’s not his preference.

1 Like

Is his kicking that bad? I Feel like it’s more a fact it’s his indecisiveness…maybe he is still getting used to his teammates? I mean…his actual technique is good (unlike heppell and parish)

You must know from now if the ball is on the wing Essendon forwards plays don’t lead. :smile:
It’s bizarre and frustrating, our forwards seem to zone out our own opportunity. It was such a contrast and as I hang my head in shame for a slight instant enjoyable watching the Pies forwards lead into space and mark. They by far are the best team at leading.

Spot on.

1 Like

Should i send it to Dylan? He can stick it on his bathroom mirror and read it while he brushes his teeth.

Yes

I think a lot of them like it kicked away from them so they can hit it at full charge. A lot of our kicks travel to far and or high. However there is no communication verbally nor by hand signalling where they want it. It’s obviously not communicated at all outside of the game because I’ve never seen us kick to a player to run into the ball from a deep entry or standing start, always on their head. Beside accuracy it’s our biggest weakness inside 50.

1 Like

Well said about the forwards. Too many don’t like leading at the kicker.

He will end up kicking 5 goals in a game when he starts converting

He and Zac single handily kept us in the game in the first qtr. the rest of the midfield were nowhere to be seen. They both stood up

Yep can’t sugar coat his kicking/desision making today. But the rest of his game is awesome.

I think he tries to do far to much with it. He just needs to keep thinks simpler and he will be fine.

Better of to weight a kick rather than penitrate a bullet everytime. Just kick it to advantage and give the ball a bit more air.

Against the kangas he was a lot better, and kept it much simpler.

Kind of cost us the game but at the same time allowed us back into the game.

3 Likes

Brown only leads when he play outside the 50, put him in the goal square and he just stands there. Joe can lead but rarely tries to and that needs to change. Fanta is a good lead but he isn’t playing much forward these days, more mid and HF which limits his impact in this way. Tippa leads but he is usually 2 on one and the ball kicked over his head.

Out of interest, does anyone know what his disposal was like at GWS?

I wonder if he simply hasn’t learned the leading patterns of the forwards, especially since we have changed the KPP every week.

I guess you prefer Myers. Doesn’t get it so cant make any mistakes. I’ll take Shiels 30 plus touches and a few clangers thanks

3 Likes

is a GUN

if he learns to kick for goal

GUNNIER THAN A GUN

2 Likes

He is the best player we’ve got

His kicking is not flash but we’d be farked without him in the guts

6 Likes

Before this season I always thought treloar was the better of the two.

Definitely dont think that anymore,
This guy is a freak.

He just needs to clean his kicking up a bit but to be fair to him last week his kicking was great.

Not the same type of player or at the same stage in their career. Myers is not on anywhere near the same coin and there is no one pumping Myers up.

He farking carried the midfield the 1st half, yeah he farked up a few times but I’d rather that than not being in the position or not going for it.

He had 34 disposals, even if he farked up 6 times that’s 28 good possies. When most of our team could barely manage 20 in total and they made mistakes too, he is miles in front.

The goal kicking will click, and he can tidy up his kicking a touch as the season goes on.

Gun.

11 Likes

You know how here on Blitz that we joke that when a player comes to the Bombers we’ll ruin his kicking. Well…

shiel

1 Like

Pies would have been thrilled he had it so many times today. Virtually guaranteed turnover every time. Lots of selfish stuff around goal too. Let’s hope this was an aberration.

1 Like

Needs to copy Dangerfield and just boot the ball as far into the f50 as possible, none of this trying to lace out a pass 35-60m from goal. Turnovers in that area of the ground are killers.

1 Like