#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Would have to be tempting just to give him this week off, then bye then back for Hawks game 100% fit without any doubts

If he felt some ( even slight) ā€œtightnessā€, and wanted to come off, thatā€™s the smart, mature thing to do. So instead of like a young player risking it, and turning it into a 6 week hammy he makes it a 2 week job. Then he absolutely did the right thing.

4 Likes

Thank fark. Weā€™ve had some serious hammies of late so good news

Got to give him the week off

We had Lav experience tightness in his hammie last preseason. Scans showed no issue. Then pinged it in practice match that week.

2 Likes

Wait, didnā€™t we just sack our entire fitness staff because he did a hammy? Call everything into question? Overthrow the board?

3 Likes

Please dont play him! Give him two weeks off.

1 Like

Wont play this week, has the bye which will give him 2 weeks off. Comes back for the Hawks game

4 Likes

We should be able to get the job done without him.

but thats what i thought against Sydney too with Daniher!
Will need Shiel in the back end of the year we shouldnt risk him.

1 Like

Yep. However, if we had a six day break this week and no bye next week, Iā€™d fully expect us to play him.

Raz
Brown
JD
Shiel
Stringer

Who else have I missed? I canā€™t see how we can get the job done with no one up forward and out best clearance player gone.

Who will stop Cripps?
Iā€™m sure that spider Curnow will go to Merrett and shut him down
Fisher is playing ok and I expect Plowman or Dowle to have a blinder like most duds do against us.

1 Like

Smith

Nobody has stopped him all year and theyā€™ve only won one game.

2 Likes

Tagged by DeBoer vs GWS. 12 possession game

2 Likes

De Boer stopped him good and proper, 2 weeks ago, I believe.
But then again, DeBoer is now the top tagger in the comp.

3 Likes

Yes he did. My point was, heā€™s one of the best players in the AFL and heā€™s in the worst team, that canā€™t win regardless of how much he dominates. I donā€™t think GWS would have lost if DeBoer didnā€™t keep him under wraps.

Simpson and Thomas will rack up 70 uncontested possessions combined without an Essendon forward within 50m of them

2 Likes

Reconfirmed by Crow in the injury report. Will need to get through training and a fitness test to play. Would think it unlikely.

Weā€™re only playing Carlton we can rest himā€¦

1 Like

If you can stand, you pass the EFC fitness test.

2 Likes

Because Carlton will play an extra defender. Situation normal.

Come on people, give our fitness department some credit here, itā€™s not like they have a history of player mismanagement!

1 Like