#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Dylan Shiel is all class.
He is in his prime,an inside mid.
Quick,tough,evasive.
A genuine leader that will influence all other mids.
Sure,he isnt Bont,Cripps,or Fyfe.
But he is a good size,and an A grader.

Cant wait to see him turn it on Round 2 at Marvel live.

Not only finds space around the ground but also around his commas.

6 Likes

I went and watched this morning. He actually didnā€™t touch it until cotchin hit him and then he had it 7 times in the second half of the first quarter

Pretty confident this guy will elevate his game playing at a big club and could potentially be a top ten player.

I was super excited about Stringer last year but Shiel is even more important

3 Likes

There are plenty of good teams that donā€™t have Bont, Cripps and Fyfe and they do alright.

2 Likes

One could argue the teams that do have those players donā€™t do alright.

7 Likes

Hope Shiel, TBell, Hepps, Merrett, Smith, Zaka, McGrath, Stringer, Parish, Langford, Walla, Fantasia, Myers, Guelfi, Begley, Mutch and Clarke are all spending a lot of time together over the next 6 months.

2 Likes

Tour the GWS training facilities with Dylan Shiel.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/madfit-inside-the-gws-gym-with-dylan-shiel/video/cb305941b1cb6b8ed16c8a1da0a7fcf6

Yeah fair point.
But theyd do a fark load worse without them.

I was mainly talking in relation to having alot of mids around tbe 182cm mark.
Recently,until Langford emerged and Stringer was recruited,we had Myers as our 190cm mid.

Amazing how quick the wheel has turned there.

Amongst other changes this year, Heppell, Lang and Myers stepping up in that role post Rd 8, made the world of difference to our stoppagesā€¦ Another year into Lang, Myers staying fit, Stringer building his tank for longer bursts in the middle (itā€™ll still only be bursts though), and now Shielā€¦ weā€™re good for inside. Never needed a behemoth, just someone who can break even with the bigger guys, and isnā€™t a liability when having to spread or chase.

2 Likes

Yeah,thats it.

If you ignore Heppell completelyā€¦

You have to ignore himā€¦ half the people on here (probably more) think heā€™s an outside mid or a half back flanker. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  if I know what games they watch

2 Likes

Yeah yeah,so i missed Hepps.

ā€¦and LaverdešŸ˜‰

1 Like

ā€¦ and Hooker

Is this the part of the conversation where someone suggests Ambrose as a midfielder?

1 Like

Do ruckmen count as midfielders?

2 Likes

And Francis

1 Like

I wonā€™t be happy until I know his views on the Oxford comma.

1 Like