#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Can’t remember

Dan Richardson has said this wasn’t true and that he was happy with how Dodoro handles the situation.

3 Likes

Fair enough

Just funny that when the club interviewd Dodoro after the deal was done he looked almost disappointed that he had to give up 2 first rounders.

I think Dodoro values draft picks too highly.

He was disappointed. It’s outside of his standard trading strategy.

Then he needs to get use to it can’t win them all Dodoro.

Nino, any negotiator aims for a win / lose when negotiating with a competitor, but might have to be satisfied with a win/win, which is pretty much how it ended in terms of the cut and thrust of negotiations.

I believe we achieved immediate list improvement, whereas GWS will have theirs diminished with improvement delayed by 2-3 years until their recruits start playing anywhere near the level of Shiel.

5 Likes

He doesn’t win them all.

We shafted throughout the saga years.

I’m glad he is looking after the clubs best interests.

I think you were listening to too much Trade Radio and other parts of the media. They tried to build up the drama on that last day because, well… it was a pretty uneventful day.

Trade Radio’s position seemed to be:

1. Essendon (Dodoro) are being hard to deal with, Essendon should just give 2 first round picks - that’s fair and what Sheil is worth.
  2. If they don’t then Carlton are ready to pounce and do a trade for 1 first round pick.

Essendon’s approach was pretty clear in my mind.

1. Lets offer 1 first round pick and see what GWS say (GWS say Nah 2 first round picks)
  2. Lets just wait…
  3. Lets just wait… (GWS say OK how about 2 first round picks and a second round back)
  4. Hmmm we could do that, that’s our default position now, but lets just wait…
  5. Lets just wait…
  6. Lets just wait…
  7. Ok that’s the best we are going to get. Deal.
3 Likes

I also think Shiel was pretty clear in saying if the deal hadn’t got done, he was staying at GWS. The whole Fark Carlton waiting to pounce was just Barrett bs.

7 Likes

Wanders in…what are talking about in here…?

Reads a bit…still not sure I know…

2 Likes

Why not listen to Dodoro have an honest recollection of the events. Not really sure why we’re talking about it though.

Finding Nino is posting.
So you know it’s straight from bigfooty.

I think if we have to consider, ‘yeah, but what if they didn’t’ as a (the only?) serious negative point, then he’s doing pretty…pretty well.

2 Likes

Dodoro did not “lose” the negotiation. If the trade did not happen it would have been a bad loss.
Maybe he paid a bit too much, but the next 5-7 years will answer that.

:slight_smile:

My input. Who cares what we spent at any point before November? And by then we’ll be able to look back on the flag that DS was a key component in and we won’t give a cr-p.

Yes but Disco almost screwed up the deal. Possibly.

1 Like

I don’t think he lost the Shiel trade.

I was referencing the saga years when we lost Ryder, Hibberd and Melksham for unders.

Other 2 were unders but most on here at the time were rapt we got a 2nd rounder for Melksham & thought we got away with daylight robbery.

Now the very same people are going, but, but, but, he never played that well when he played for us

2nd Rounder was about right, plus the Dees will get an extra couple of years out of him than they will with Hibberd

4 Likes

As CameronClayton said most on BB were happy with a 2nd rounder.
Ryder, we couldn’t do anything to stop him… As with Hibberd - the club said they wouldn’t stand in the way of any of the ‘saga’ players wanting to leave.
I don’t see how Dodoro can be blamed in any of those cases…

Farkin afl bullshitartists going on making it sound like there was this farkinb ‘race’ with constantly changing leaders…what farkin tripe. anyone who believes this ■■■■ should stuff there ears with petroleum jelly, and take a match to it.

7 Likes