#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

For someone who wastes invests so much of his time on Blitz, I seem to miss most of these posts that get deleted but inspire so much controversy.

About the last one I saw “live” was Partypole’s advice to @Reboot.

5 Likes

What a champ. Hep must love him, bought in the culture by round 1. Didn’t disappoint, we have found a quality teammate.

Was head and shoulders above everyone else.

18 contested possessions on debut and just never stoped trying.

When the team is up and running he will get a lot more outside ball and we will see how damaging he can be.

Best for us by a mile.

3 Likes

Yep, the least of our problems

We have now seen…

After the game, the look on his face screamed that the loss ■■■■■■■ hurt.

The more I see him, the more I like the cut of his jib.

7 Likes

I think that was his “what the Fark gave I done face”!

3 Likes

Give it a year until we make it so he doesn’t give a ■■■■ anymore

Something tells me he isn’t that kind of person, or footballer. A huge reason Essendon attracted him was the Andrew Welsh connection, because he also wants to succeed outside of football.

I suspect he wants success and won’t stop trying until he gets it.

Dylan Shiel is the player Zaharakis should have been

1 Like

Just sitting here at the airport waiting for my flight home. A bloke starts talking to me and turns out it’s sheils dad. Says the performance was very ordinary, i said to him ‘he might be regretting his decision, was he expecting us to do well this year?’, he says ‘well he reckons they don’t train very hard at all, especially compared to the giants he was a bit shocked’.

18 Likes

oh yeah? you mean like shiel said in an interview?

2 Likes

Yeah like that, but clearly his been venting to the old man. He showed me the video of him presenting Dylan with his jumper before the game so def him.

sorry dylan

Well I had the privilege of having Dylan come through my old club some years back.
His dedication & level-headedness set him apart from day 1. He was a machine in every sense of the word & despite being head & shoulders above most opposition & probably rightfully entitled to adopt FIGJAM status he never did. He just wanted to learn & learn. A brilliant footballer, fantastic attitude & a fantastic get by the EFC

5 Likes

I was thoroughly impressed with him today.

It was a scrappy game and not a lot went right but he continued to win the hard ball and get it out to the runners.

In an ideal world he would not be having to do that much grunt work but he could see that his teammates were struggling to impact.

That is a captains performance in my books.

At this rate, he should get 3 points every week to win the EFC best and fairest.

If that’s the case then woosha has lost it and should be gone, and so too Crowe and the whole assistant group.

GPS data in players is known, if they are not putting in the work at intensity to hit those numbers in training then we will never be anything but average to bottom.

1 Like

Impressed ? No . Thought he was fumbly and couldn’t cleanly pick up the ground ball.
Concerned ? No . When the centre group gells he will excel.
Worried about TBell Yes Getting pansted by Dawson was shiteful.
Am worried that was our best centre square set up

2 Likes

As I said it was a scrappy game.

What impressed me was his determination to make an impact when things aren’t going your way.

I had him best and McGrath second best.

McGrath was scrappy as well but rather than admit defeat and hide he continued to present.

That’s what champions are made of.

4 Likes