#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Shoulder. 2 weeks.

It just keeps getting better doesnā€™t it!

Another one guilty of bombing it long to Tippa like heā€™s a tall forward, 2 v 1

April fools?

1 Like

Yes. April fools

He started to look very good in the 3rdā€¦
I actually started to believe he could single handedly carry us over the line.

It looks like he canā€™t be tackled. His agility to move around players is amazing, and then he has the strength to shrug the tackler. I feel like if we start to put some form together as a team, we will be druelling at what this bloke can doā€¦

1 Like

I am not at all unhappy with him. From his first game he was in our top 5 players and once the rest of the team bootstrap themselves he will still be a standout

3 Likes

He also has balance like a cat. There were times he was able to get away simply because he kept his feet and others hadnā€™t.

Yeah heā€™s been our best player across the two games collectively but canā€™t help but think that if he kicks that goal 35m directly in front then we take the momentum and win that game.

Got to be nailing those

4 Likes

Is that like ā€¦ spitting at someone in a fight?

6 Likes

I reckon it was more than 35, but yeah agree with the point. That wouldā€™ve also released a shedload of pent up frustration in the crowd, the building roar as he kicked was going to be massive.

It mustā€™ve been close? I was sitting side on

1 Like

Dylan Shiel: signs for Essendon

Essendon:
download

1 Like

Sure he gets a lot of the ball, but he is not the classy player everyone makes him out to be. Terrible decision maker and cant hit a target or the goals if his life depended on it.

Could have buried the Dees himself if he had of slotted those.

1 Like

Lmao

People on here can be so negative

He has hit the post twice
A metre difference and it would be a 19 touch 2 goal qtr first half.

Shiel is very good

22 Likes

Hit the post twice. If they were goals, youā€™d see it different. Soā€¦ luck. Also, heā€™s done well streaming it out of the centre.

4 Likes

He has actually played well. He is working hard, creating run and space, he has just let himself and team down with his kicking. That can improve.

1 Like

I was a bit down in him last week, but I would have given him the 3 votes at quarter time of he nailed those kicks until the forwardline. Heā€™s been good and has great to watch.

2 Likes

Seriously going to ā– ā– ā–  in my jocks when he kicks a goal!

2 Likes

slotted in nicely and just purring along at a high level
needs to get the panic gives out of his game when fatigued, is better than that.