#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

I came across these two quotes from WOB. Love ya mate, your emotions during a game are hilarious. (note these are old quotes, not current ones, just thought it was funny). Klawdy sums you up nicely.

2 Likes

That was Laverde2Langford

I did think he was pretty average the first two. Hes been unreal the last few though. But yeah everyone knows my opinion wildly changes 10 times through a gane, lol

9 Likes

Hey hey hey. Calm down.

We got a 2nd rounder back.

So the throw away comment he cost 2 first round picks is actually false.

I have no idea what I was thinking. Iā€™d had enough cabsav to drop a rhino at the time. Surprised I hit all the right keys.

5 Likes

David King on Crunch Time said the way Shiel runs and moves is like some one controlling him with a remote control lols

Best on ground performance. Took a bit off his kicks, and delivered beautifully. Trys to get a bit cute at times. That burst speed out of the centre is exactly what we needed.

Next skin available on Fortnite will be ā€œShiel; Destroyer of the Northā€

2 Likes

I spoke to a depressed North Melbourne supporter at half time at the Locker Room bar. He was on his 3rd meat pie (cause he comfort eats :joy:).

Said that no one on their team could get near Shiel, that he was just killing them at every opportunity. It was pure respect for him.

Also added that ā€œit doesnā€™t help when you have Brownlow medalist Merrett running riot eitherā€

6 Likes

no its not. way more hair on Dyls head

Looked very relaxed at Werribee today hanging out with girlfriend, their collie dog & Andy McGarth.

Still canā€™t believe we got him

3 Likes

Anyone know what his Brownlow odds are after yesterdayā€™s performance?

Him motoring away from stoppages all day would have to be noticed by the umps.

I love it that itā€™s burning Carlton fans.

Shunted his childhood hero in Judd and Carlton to join the enemy lols

3 Likes

He has an amazing running style. Rather than lengthen his stride to increase his speed, he seems to increase the rate of stepping. I watched him on the TV screen and his legs were just a blur: not like legs but like wheels.

14 Likes

Is it my imagination that Shiel is playing 2 or 3kgs lighter in 2019 ? - And heā€™s covering the ground better than in 2018.

Nah mate, blacks a thinning colour.

2 Likes

Shiel has been enormous in basically all 3 of our wins - and heā€™s still finding his feet IMO. He is doing things that the Essendon midfield just isnā€™t use too or havenā€™t seen for a very long time. All the little things he does - hand balls to space, overlap running, weighted kicks etc - have been huge. He has undoubtedly lifted our midfield standard and he will only get better. Crikey.

2 Likes

Imagine if he did both!!!

I FARKING love this place when we win!

4 Likes