A-League 2018/2019

Usain Bolt just scored a brace in a friendly

one of those goals the defender shouldā€™ve got credited it.

Any predictions for A-League expansion teams? (May be delayed by an extra season by the FFA board argy-bargy.) Personally, I think they should announce the first two teams to come in and then another two provisional licences for a year or two later, so we can get to a 14 team league.

You would think it would be one team each from Melbourne/Sydney, but Iā€™m not so sure now, as Sydney FC opposed Southern Expansion and WSW opposed Macarthur-SWS. Who knowsis the FFA take that into consideration?

My predictions are:

• ā€œTeam 11ā€ (Dandenong)
  • Canberra

But what would I know?

Donā€™t all answer at once.

1 Like

Iā€™d answer but the GAF-meter is down in the red zone, near zero.

Dandenong or close by would probably be a good chance and I think Canberra would be a brave but astute choice.

its hard to know, i donā€™t think Melbourne or Sydney need another team. Qld have shown they canā€™t sustain one team.

Personally i would give a team to Canberra and Tasmania (no idea if tasmania has put a proposal together)

Canberra and Wollongong 100%

1 Like

Tasmania had a bid, but they went out after the first stage.

Tassie would be a brave but interesting call, I think it would be a bit of a test case for the AFL.

Not too worried about the new teams just yet as FFA has pretty much given the green light for div 2 in a couple of years time. I know a couple of blokes high up at Adelaide City who are my club and they were given a handshake agreement that they would be admitted to div 2 straight away and were advised to save the money and not bid on an expansion spot.

Prediction time

Premiers: MV
Champions: MV
Golden boot: Bruno and La Fondre tie
Biggest Climber: Perth
Biggest Faller: Newcastle
JW Medal: Honda

Ladder
MV
SFC
MC
PG
AU
BR
CCM
NJ
WSW
WP

Horrible bias opinion that we will do the double. The signings weā€™ve made more than cover what weā€™ve lost.

Perth have recruited brilliantly in the offseason on and off the pitch. CCM will be better with the likes of McCormack, City will be there abouts, SFC will be a challanger, AU, BR and WSW will be to inconsistent to challange seriously, Newy i cant see putting together another run like last year and Wellington will be ā– ā– ā– ā–  carlton level bad which means MV will lose to them again

1 Like

Should be: Canberra and Wollongong
Really should have been: Canberra and Tasmania
Will be: Southern Sydney and Dandenong

ASADA show up to test Usain Bolt. Totally at random you know.

I swear if anyone ever wanted to make a 30 Rock/Frontline-esque take on a sporting organisation, they just need to read up on the A-League for at least four seasons of inspiration.

1 Like

Hard to argue with most of this, as I agree with nearly all of it but I will. I think City will struggle perhaps drop a bit,

Opening night

AU vs SFC

Keen @Aceman?

Donā€™t get home until next Sunday

Well there goes that then.

Im off to the derby. We better not lose to these pelicans!

Going a day early?

1 Like

McLovinā€™s always had that problem.

1 Like