A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

I absolutely hate triple moron, it’s the worst station in the country. It’s truly insufferable listening. If they’re not being afl sycophants by pushing its 24-7 media cycle, they’re playing the same ■■■■■■■ 10 songs they have been for the last 20 years. Then they try to do all that amplified “aussie bloke/bogan” shtick (hi james brayshaw) and it’s just pathetic. Goes well with their constant repitition of their two foo fighters and acdc songs. Such a wanker ststion, fox is actually better.

8 Likes

While I agree with most of what you’ve said, that last sentence is a bit like which would you prefer, eating your own $ hit or drinking your own p iss?

6 Likes

I actually can’t do any commercial radio or TV due to the ads, but yeah, Tripe M must be one of the worst for all of the reasons you mention. Just give it up, unless you’re stuck in a workplace where you don’t have much choice (and in which case you have my condolences).

1 Like

Haha. At least fox doesn’t try to pretend to be something it’s not. It’s lowest common denominator commercial radio, but even they have more variety in the sense that they play this “old school” music now. Triple M tries to act like they have the best rock music and aren’t a drongo station, when it actually is.

My thoughts on Fox are burned into my brain after a few years working in a place that was infested with Fox listeners, hence the radio was perpetually tuned into that infernal station.
The old stereotype (that Fox only has a playlist of half-a-dozen songs) is not too wide of the mark.
I swear on a stack of bibles that I would hear the same fkn Katy Perry or Lady Gaga song 3 or 4 times a day.
I don’t know what scarred me more - a few years being force-fed Fox FM or 10 months sitting next to a girl who played nothing but Kings of Leon and John ■■■■■■■ Butler…

4 Likes

That is super annoying.

Apart from when they play this one, which is a-mazing

8 Likes

I take it you’ve had therapy.
Poor ■■■■■■■.

1 Like

I still sometimes wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night dreaming that I’m stuck in a lift with John ■■■■■■■ Butler (and he’s got his ■■■■■■■ pedal-steel guitar with him!), but I’m much better now, thanks for asking…

2 Likes

You’re out there.

Well played

You’re that person who shows up uninvited.

Says the Swans dude on an EFC forum.

King of Irony 2 posts in a row. Fair effort,. …

6 Likes

Good to know I’m not the only one who gets the irrits from ol’ JB :grinning:

Yet if you were to disappear, no one would notice.

I would notice BD was gone

1 Like

Exactly. Who else can come up with ludicrous nicknames for the players?

Who else will post in the lid off thread after our annual apocalyptic Fark Carlton loss?

2 Likes

I cannot express the intensity of my hatred for James Brayshaw.

3 Likes

I had a similar job situation where the radio dial was superglued to Triple ■■■■■■■ J all ■■■■■■■ day. It was an actual form of torture. Still recovering.

2 Likes

Luckily, I always worked in places where the radio was never played loud. Earphones are only, and even that was frowned on.