A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

I would notice.

However, if you were to disappear…

And that’s the way it should be. After the Jon ■■■■■■■ Butler experience, never would I advocate the use of audible music in a workplace…

2 Likes

I have a friend who is adamant that Beyoncé doesn’t use ‘effects’ on her voice, and blah blah, when I question her musical tastes. Which is supposed to prove what anyway? The system truly works. It makes me sad.

Edit: your John Butler experience is actually quite close to a Ben Lee experience I had, but I don’t really want to relate it.

This is the ‘Who really gives you the utter ■■■■■?’ thread isn’t it? James Brayshaw, Ben Lee - about on the same level.

2 Likes

Glad I came in here, so many ideas for the DJ thread.

5 Likes

You play that fkn Butler hippie, I swear I will hunt you down…

6 Likes

JBT are amazing live and other wise. You could only dream of having his talent.

2 Likes

Not a fan of his nine minute early tracks, but Something’s Gotta Give goes alright.

l am another who would notice his absence.

I like BLTs.

I listened to The Rumour File during the Saga: it demonstrated very clearly that 1) Ross and his producers very likely know nothing and 2) they don’t care and will put anything to air.

Which I guess makes Eddie a little bit more evil than Ross…

1 Like

Crickey this AD bloke is more slippery than a bucket of used KY.

I will join you.

Both Austereo.
Same news, same buildings, swap and share producers, I reckon they’d have exactly the same length playlist.

Hahaha I’m the exact opposite. I love his stuff where he’s just thrashing the guitar, every time he opens his mouth to sign he turns into every other hippie.

Anyone watch the new Footy Show last night? I didn’t mind it.

They’re right up there with The Age, 3AW, Triple M and FC for mine.
It’s ■■■■ blokeiness was tiresome anway, but after the saga…never again.
Don’t care what they’ve changed.
They can die in a fire.

6 Likes

It was on at my Grandads whilst we were visiting.

My impression was that they’ve tried to make a footy show for people who didn’t like the footy show.

To me it felt like a chat show with footy guests. Chat shows don’t do well at all anymore on Australian TV so being a chat show with on a specific topic would be even harder to attract viewers.

Plus a show that is pretty much the same (but funnier) is on at the same time.

I’m not a big fan of any of the host/presenters (don’t understand why people like Fev) so there is no real reason to watch at a time now where you watch pretty much anything you want

Just bland television.

Ther’d be better off just ending The Footy Show altogether. To me that line-up is almost like they are trying to come up with the most politically correct and diverse ensemble that they can. It is bland. The thing has run it’s race. Your died in the wool TFS audience will now switch off and as PP said, there is a better version of this show airing at the same time on C7. Nine would be better off just sticking with Footy Classified and the Sunday Footy Show and just forget about the Thursday Night/night before the round show.

Watched a few clips of both the Footy Show and the Front Bar on Twitter. It’s not even a comparison. The Front Bar is so much better and genuinely funny. This skit was amazing - make sure you watch it all:

9 Likes