A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Getting paid to talk garbage is true. We do it for free everyday on blitz @Riolio

3 Likes

Funny, but I actually think it’s weird that people remember / care about that stuff years later. Like they are commentators who are paid to talk garbage, ergo they talk garbage, and everyone intelligent knows it’s garbage. So who cares?

Both numpty former sportsmen who landed in jobs they had zero talent for, and put zero time and effort into improving or honing their craft. Who gives a crap.
Plus:

We all talk garbage in here but the difference is Rolo is the only one who gets those sweet sweet $$$

2 Likes

Nailed it.

He was 84% certain that Hurls was going to GWS after taking an apparent phone call during an add break and returning after it with that “news”…a week or so later Hurls signs a long term contract at the Bombers.

He was absolutely brilliant at knowing everything about fuckall on that show.

The only time I really paid any attention to their show was when they held a poll over which was the better comedy, Cheers or Seinfeld? Seinfeld won hands down amongst the listeners despite his protestations.

The worst segment ever is when they read out the teams in a Thursday night with Robbo…

The whole “bring your…whatever” was so lame and they thought they were so clever and funny, but it just made robbo sound even more like the clueless drunk he is and the other two entertained him like he was it and a bit!

The best segment? Leigh Paatsch doing the movies reviews. No hype, just knowledgable reviews I could rely on. I like him.

4 Likes

SEN has its value for me as a Sydneysider when news about footy is sometimes hard to come by. I tune in in the car through their app when things are going on - like trade week for example. Was also able to listen in on the VFL Elimination Final against the ‘Dogs, the only way I could get any coverage of it up here.

1 Like

That’s actually quite a feat.

2 Likes

Win a Bertochi ham.

Christ on a bike!!! Just when you didn’t think SEN could get any more sh1tful…

Dwayne Russell could be potential replacement for David Schwarz and Mark Allen at SEN
Scott Gullan, Herald Sun
an hour ago
Subscriber only

AS THE dust settles on the shock sacking of David Schwarz and Mark Allen at SEN, possible replacements are being thrown around with Dwayne Russell’s name prominent.

Russell is currently the co-host of Sports Today on 3AW where he also calls Friday night football, but the interesting part of that equation is he’s actually on Crocmedia’s books as they produce the nightly syndicated sports show.

And as we know, Crocmedia is about to officially merge with the company who runs SEN.

lel. that guy is hte biggest farking tit. please, please employ him.

SHAKE AND BAKE!

5 Likes

None of them are ever called out on their lies.

It’s only funny because the dumb ■■■■ didn’t have a house at that point, because he lost it betting on horses.

Just give me the dream team of dwayne russell, basil, ling, jono brown.

Dwayne is a not very accomplished sportsman, horrid commentator, AFL lackey and is very right wing politically. The real question is how has he not been on SEN already?

9 Likes

You forgot the voice of golf on nab trade radio.

I never listened to Trade Radio. You might have to ask IT about that. I hear he’s currently about half way through listening to re-runs

2 Likes

I would be but I am in a meeting.

2 Likes