A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

fark off

6 Likes

Heā€™s not even going to finish the Ashes! How rude!

You have got to be farking kidding me

Who cares.

11 Likes

To me that translates to: ā€œThey offered me a f*ckload of moneyā€ and ABC have told him to leave immediately.

7 Likes

Another good reason not to tune in.

1 Like

This station now has as many farkwits as fark Carlton.

4 Likes

Whateley is a good caller. One of the best in the country.

But I donā€™t like his opinions on lots of things, hence heā€™s annoying on shows like 360 and anything else where heā€™s not directly commentating on games/races.

2 Likes

Heeeeeeee reeeeeaaallly stttreeetttcheeerrrrsss outtttt hissssss wooooorrdddds aaaallllloooottttt. Which kind of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me

7 Likes

Donā€™t understand the Whateley hate myself. Fabulous caller, very informed. A bit annoying at times, but far far far better than most others.

Is it because he was a bit of a d/ck to us during the saga? Because I would argue everyone was, and Iā€™d also argue that he was far less d/ickish than most - he went out on a limb to prosecute the ā€˜AOD wasnā€™t bannedā€™ case as far as I recall.

11 Likes

Also - a bit of a background to this - around 18 months ago when the ABC went through budget cuts Whateleys large salary was on the bean counters radar. He was told he could only keep that salary if he agreed to start calling the cricket as well as the football - so basically, same salary for 4 more months work. He was a bit p1ssed at them, obviously.

Source - close relative who works at ABC radio

3 Likes

hes an absolute cockwomble on afl360.

6 Likes

Had a golden opportunity to call out the AFL in regard to AOD9604 and wimped out. He knew there were major problems with the AFLā€™s campaign against E34 and yet he toed the AFL-media line and stayed silent whilst good peopleā€™s lives were trashed.

Glad to see the back of him.

22 Likes

Yeah well, so did every single other person in Australia with some kind of media positionā€¦ heā€™s nowhere near the worst, and unlike many others he does have redeeming features ie as a caller.
Not sure I get the hate

2 Likes

No hate whatsoever. Iā€™m not into hate and never suggested any. I never liked his sycophantic performances every Friday with Gillon and Red on 774 and his style in general rubbed me up the wrong way. No hate.

That said, he unlike many others had the mental capacity to recognise the injustices foisted upon Essendon, but chose to turn away. He came close with AOD, but didnā€™t follow through.

7 Likes

After peddling his book , not a peep from him after Moody, the Black Caviar trainer, got pinged for cobalt.
Zero criticism of the AFL handling of the saga . He had ample opportunity, but accepted the outcomes and would never be drawn on whether justice was served, just shut down relevant questions.

12 Likes

He was also the one who said ā€œnot guilty doesnā€™t mean the players were innocentā€.

Fark him.

22 Likes

ā€œWhat I have here in my hands, is the complete (confidential) report from ASADAā€¦and I can tell you this - it is damningā€¦ā€

Fark you whately or however you spell your farking name.

26 Likes

To be fair, thatā€™s kinda your fault for watching AFL360

4 Likes

Over exaggerates everything when he speaks and comes across as a pretentious flog. Heā€™s a huge wanker.

22 Likes